Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-17-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
So i recently bought a 09 Transcend Plat which i broke the second day out riding it. Got a good deal on it late in the season. I called CWB and spoek to MAtt and he informed me that they were out of the transcend plats but could send me regular transcend. I was alittle disapointed so he also threw in a pair of 09 Zues's for and extra 30 bucks, pretty fair in my mind. I also sent back my 08 Zues's that were falling apart and they fixed those free of charge. So all in all I think CWB's warranty is top notch. Matt is the man and has helped me out every step of the way providing me with tracking numbers. Very helpful
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-17-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
congrats CWB i dont have their gear but its always nice to see companies backing up their product like that and making happy customers.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-17-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Good to hear, because he didn't care to handle my warranty item...and was a jerk at the same time. It's unfortunate because their last warranty manager was awesome. I've had a buddy who has been trying to get his platinum replaced by this guy as well and has been getting the run around for weeks. He finally put in a call to his manager and is waiting on a reply. I'm glad you had a good luck with them, but from the folks I've talked to lately this is rare. I'm not bashing them but just sharing my first hand experience.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have never had a legit warranty claim denied by CWB, Never.

Not saying your claim wasn't legit Eubanks, I don't know the details, but for my customers CWB has gone above and beyond.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-17-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Yeah, maybe that's it. I guess they haven't been sticking to the letter of the law for a long time now but are now. No beef with changing how they do things and how they are deciding to enforce their warranty policy more strictly now, but it was the way that it was handled that has turned me off of CWB.

My buddy's situation seems like a no brainer but he can't get a clear answer from Mat for weeks now. I guess they are really trying to do their homework on purchase dates, and if your board is 731 days old you are out of luck.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-17-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
I will say they have always taken care of me in the past and that is part of the reason I have been so much in support of them. This time around not so much, but like I said, their policies are what they are and now they are sticking to them.

For example, if you buy a handle and it gets warrantied on day number 364 of you owning it but your brand new handle breaks in half your first time out (day 366 from the original purchase date), then you are screwed and aren't going to get a replacement. This doesn't seem right to me, but hey, that is their policy. They just haven't been enforcing it for a while now so it was hard to know exactly what the policy was. But no worries, I can live within the rules but just don't like the manner with which I was dealt with.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-17-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Nothing but great experiences here. I guess you can't really blame them for trying to stick to the letter of their written warranty policy. When the economy is tough, giving away product contrary to the stated policy would kill your company.

That's what warranties do, right? My 100k warranty in my car sure didn't last a mile longer then stated.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       08-17-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hey Eubanks I'll send you a new handle on my own promo budget once I return from Surf Expo. Email me your info to caseyj@ridecwb.com
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
Funny how Rob's positive post turned into an extremely negative thread. But I hope CWB continues to be so helpful to customers in the warranty department because it is little things like that that keep people buying a product and supporting a specific company. I look at it as not so much just sending out free stuff every time you have a problem, but just communicating with the customer in a timely manner until the problem is resolved. I haven't needed to contact them since last fall when the baseplate of my Answers broke, but they were extremely accommodating back then... Hopefully will encounter the same great service in the future and they will have a customer for life.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Rod - Yeah, I should have started my own thread and not bring Rob's down but I was just hoping to get my story across as well.

Casey - Thanks for the offer on the handle. I'll send you an email. I'm really not trying to get new gear and can respect the CWB warranty policy. As I said, my beef was the attitude and disrespect I got from the new warranty manager when I had nothing but great experiences with the old one.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
My buddy doesn't have an account, so I thought I would post his current situation here. I really don't want to flame this new guy, but something needs to be done to get some good people working their warranty department again.

Here it is:
"I bought the original board spring of last year. It had voids in the fins and started chipping. I got this board as a replacement and it broke in half. It had been just over a year from original purchase date when this board broke. I don't have my orig rct but I'm guessing about 12-15 months. Nortex tried to deal w/ them but didn't get anywhere (not sure if it was effort on their behalf or CWB not willing to deal w/ them because they dropped CWB's lines) So, after 3 weeks of waiting on that, I called Mat direct and got into a cussing match w/ him-receiving attitude from initiation of the phone call. After I sent pics, he agreed to ship a new board. 1-2 days later, he replied asking the size of the board (should have been evident from the color scheme). I replied to him same day. Then, waited about 2 weeks and followed up. I then began to follow up every couple of days w/ no reply. After a couple of follow up emails, I started blind copying myself. I left a message for his boss (I was told it was his supervisor) and got a call back from Matt within a couple of hours-he stated he didn't rcv emails, etc-all w/ a piss-poor attitude. I called back-left a message w/ board size and requested a call back. I called again in the afternoon w/ same result."
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-19-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
Matt has warrantied 2 Transcend Platys for me, my 08 snapped and he sent me a 09, my 09 cracked the second time out and he sent me another 09. I told him if I cracked another one I would accept a foam core. Great customer service.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-23-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Matt actually gave me a call on Friday to make sure I got all my stuff. Outstanding service. Thanks Matt and CWB for going above and beyond.