Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-05-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Not sure if this has been discussed. Sorry if so. I have been watching West Coast Customs the last few nights (probably re-runs) and noticed a Malibu (looks like a v-ride) that is in their shop. Has anyone else seen this? Whose is it? Does it get pimped in one of the episodes?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-05-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
lol, I never watch the show, but happened to last nignt and saw that.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
West Coast Customs? Do you mean pimp my ride? If it's at WCC then it would have to be re runs because they do that show at GAS (Galpin Auto Sports) now.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-05-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Which network is their show on? I enjoy those customizing shows.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-05-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I believe it is actually called Street Customs on TV....
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-05-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
yep saw it last night. those guys do some SICK stuff! I love the Shaqillac!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-05-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Saw that too, I was hoping they would show what they were doing to the boat.

Street Customs is on TLC.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
I saw that boat in the back ground. Im sure WCCC does everything from wild stuff to a simple head unit and speakers. So the chances that it was just getting a simple system is very good.

That being said. I saw the Shack-alack. I thought they did a awesome job on it. A place like WCCC that does alot of car's and as far as I know hasn't done alot of boat's I would be worried about. I know they have some talent there but IMO if you don't wakeboard and or have a boat and use it the way we use our boats you have no idea how to install a huge system in a boat. I could see them doing somthing super cool to a boat and at the same time making it usless. Kind of like the CES cars/boats. Cool 2 look at but usless. If you don't know how weight effects a boat and where some boats are sencitieve to weight you can destroy the way a boat drives by simply install to much equipment in the wrong places. Case in point did anyone see the ARC audio boat. Awesome build ton's of equipment first class. When it was finished the boat wouldn't come out of the water! It has so much audio equipment stuffed into every corner you couldnt get it out of the hole.

The Boat Alpine did a few years back IMO was Awesome. Out of this world but it still worked. You could take it out and use it.