Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (sangster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-02-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
I have a ProFlight Tower and my wife gave me ProFlight Racks for Christmas - great present! I hear that these are much better than an earlier version of ProFlight's racks but since I didn't do the shopping and research myself I thought I would check here for any opinions - either positive or negative on these. I can return for refund and get something else if these are not the way to go.

thanks
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-02-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
The fluid concept racks appear to be very good "proven" after-market racks.

Check out the info in this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/47912.html?1041294291

I would rather have those racks over my boss racks on my boss tower.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-02-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
Chester,

I have not heard anything bad about the new Proflight racks, keep em. You wont be dissapointed. Proflight-Proflight is a winning combo.

-Evan
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-02-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
Evan, do you get board slap with the proflight racks? Sure do with my boss racks.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-03-2003, 1:05 AM Reply   
Dane,

I have the original boardracks... they arnt the most beautiful racks out there but they work well. http://www.proflighttowers.com/board%202.jpg

When you say boardslap are you referring to the boards actually hitting each other while in the rack? If so no. My friend has the same racks as you on his VLX, same Pro Series tower also. He said my LF board was too thick and my board is what caused the rubber between the forks to become unglued.

I know this might sound wierd but one of the nice features on the original Proflight racks is that you can bend the arms. Allowing you to hold your boards as tight or as loose as you prefer. The arms are strong, if you bend them they will stay that way. Also each arm is fully coated in this cool material. I think they are probably the ugliest racks in the world but work very well.

I agree with you on the Fluid Concepts racks, I think the Type I Pitchfork is the best looking rack on the market, and I have also heard good things about them.

-Evan
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
Evan- I got the same racks as you. I bought them used while I waited for the ones I custom ordered. I like the old style so much I canceled my order for the new ones. I paid $125 for a pair and I completely concur that you can bend them to hold anyboard. No knocking or any type of noise what so ever. The only bummer is my 5 year old's stance is so narrow that I can't rack his board without adjusting the bindings. My complaint about the new ones from Pro Flight is the forks look cumbersome.
If you get rid of your old style let me know, I'm looking for another set.
Old    lindsey            02-10-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
Chester,

I'm a little late with my response, but I put a ProFlight Tower and a set of their new racks on my boat about a year ago. I am completly happy with them. No slipping, no problem with my boards slapping. I also had to wait a while before they were shipped to me. They just came out with a new rack that holds one ski and a knee board. I'm looking to sell one of my two board racks, so I can add the ski/knee board combo rack to the tower.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-10-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Dane I agree. We are going with Fluid Concept racks on the new boat. The racks we have now are the same concept with the bungie being a loop. One for the top, one for the bottom. They work great. I just didn't like the way my racks mounted to the tower. I had to rework them and make clamps to keep them from squeeking. They were the http://www.nldesigns.com/ racks. Other than that they worked great. The Fluid racks are the way to go. Not to expensive, better design and look great.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com