Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    dustinschadt            05-08-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Folks I need your help. I'm "that guy" asking which board to purchase. No, I can't demo as we don't have any good shops here in town and I'm looking to buy used. I know the 3 stage v. continuous jargon and I know I'm 6'1" and 195lbs. I do real well on my Forum snowboard but as far as a wakeboard, I can get up, go across the wake and do some carving. Not looking to spend a fortune.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-08-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
Dustin,
I am your size and am an average wakeboarder at best. I am a little biased here because this is what I ride but, the 2004-5 Double Up nelson Pro or Kyle Murphy Pro models are great boards. They do not have a huge rocker but have excellent pop. They hold a firm edge but can be loose for surface tricks when neutral. They pop great land soft and overall are just great boards. You can pick these boards up for under $199 at a number of shops and on ebay. Also check out evogear.com. I bought my first double up Nelson Pro there 2 years ago for only $99. It has been a great board for me. I recently purchased a 2005 DU Kyle Murphey Pro 141. Same exact board as the Nelson Pro . I just went from a 138 to a 141. My advise would be to get at least a 141 with your size. Your Knees will thank you.
Good luck.

PS. I am not trying to push any shop over another , but I thought I would show where some goods deals for me have been.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
IMO..you should look at the HL Motive 144...its a very forgiving board and the continuous rocker would be a good setup for your riding ability..
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-08-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Up-Greg-Nelson-141cm-Wakeboard-12_W0QQitemZ7239251829QQcategoryZ47363QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Link to a Nelson Pro on ebay.

Sweet deal for under $100
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2006, 11:21 PM Reply   
you should look for the CWB flame 141 w/ torq package, you can buy it in shops like watersportswarehouse.com for about 400 bucks including shipping. also look at the motive or state packages. these are all good boards that give you the ability to progress on them
Old    dustinschadt            05-09-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. You all are awesome. Any other ideas?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-09-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
the buywake.com and wakeside.com Liquid Force Omega/Alpha package deal is probably the sweetest package deal out right now.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
I second the CWB Flame or Pure PKG. Great setup at a great price.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-09-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
agree with the above except the 144 length -- may be a little long. omega/alpha is great starter pkg and so is the flame or pure pkg. have fun with your new ride
Old    dustinschadt            05-09-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
You guys are a big help. There is just so much stuff out there to learn and I appreciate the help.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-09-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Whatever it is I am really big on getting better bindings at the expense of a more advanced board instead of the other way around!

A nice strong comfortable support is more important for safty and comfort.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-09-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Dustin,
Also look for some Liquid Force Alpha Bindings. They are some of the most comfortable bindings out there and they are fairly inexpensive compared to all the other bindings in its class.
Old    snsbritt            05-09-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
why hasn't anyone plugged the premier. the best of both worlds
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Ummm... with lack of some important info like how he wants it to ride and the fact he does not want to 'spend a fortune' I think we are all shying away from letting a relative newcomer go out and try to put a complete together for a good price. This guy seems perfect for an all around package deal.