Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have been checking out Phase 5's new line. look sweet. they are super thin, but they don't talk about weight. Anyone know about the weight of these boards?

Interested in the bigger boards. I am 200 lbs and 6 foot. so maybe the colt, x, and oogle?

Thanks!

ps do they fit in wakeboard racks or surf racks?
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey man, I have the Oogle and Prop on my boat, but unfortunately they are about 2 years old. I weigh 190 and I feel like I need something in between. I have to work the mess out of the prop and feel like I sink it a bit, while I feel like the oogle is a bit too laid back. That being said, they are still our board brand of choice. I think they have some new stuff in the lineup that could help me out. I have standard WB racks on my Centurion and they fit perfectly. Hope that helps a bit.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
The Colt, Model X, and Oogle are 1" thick. Most of the other boards are 3/4" thick. So you would need to measure your racks. But also know that the traction sticks up more.

I would recommend the Trident Pro Carbon for you. Its 3/4" thick and will definitely fit in a wakeboard rack. It is very fast for a big board, and it has 3 fins so you can figure out what you like.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
So these are probably "compression molded"? Not that I mind it, but just wondering about weight, for some reason I am interested in how heavy they are. No one local carries them for me to check them out. What about durability?

Thanks again for the replies.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
They are made like ocean skimboards. They do not use wakeboard construction. And they are built to order in Florida.

They are very light boards. The Oogle is a little heavier than the higher end Carbon fiber boards though. And Phase 5 makes very tough wakesurf boards. you arent going to snap one in half. But just like all wakesurf boards, they are meant to be ridden on water and not dropped on the ground or smashed into boats.

Phase 5makes the highest end skim style wakesurf boards IMO. Their quality is unmatched. The ride comes down to personal preference though.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-14-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
I am 6 feet tall and a svelte 215. I ride a trident, and it is awesome! Very fast and spins great.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-15-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Love the Trident. Haven't found a better skim board for 200lb+ anywhere.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
245 lbs and use P5 - no issues. Great boards - lots of performance and keeps me from sinking. They do fit in standard board racks on my X-2 - a real bonus.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
looks like i got some new sticks to try this summer...