Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-24-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
So I'm at my lake place this weekend cruisin' by my neighbors garage and I see an old beat up pedal boat...you know the old school kind sitting on 12 foot pontoons. I ask the old lady about it and she tells me it floats and hasn't been used in years...she said she'd be very thankful if I would cart it off of her property. So after striping it down to the pontoons I've decided it's to short to build a slider so I'm going with a 5ft high kicker. Step one was finding a way to get it in and out of the water since I won't be able to keep it floating. After a little redneck engineering and some old lawnmower trailer parts I'm ready to roll. I'll be able to back it down the boat ramp with the riding mower ;) I ride locally and only get up to my parents place every 3 weeks give or take...so this project may take a little while before its finished but I'll post pictures of the entire build. I'm planning on framing it up with 2x4s, covering with plywood and using PVC sheeting for the riding surface. I think I've got the hook-up on some sheeting for pretty cheap...but any other suggestions on a sliding surface let me know....
Upload
Upload
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-24-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Luker, thats sick bro, keep us updated with pics.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-24-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
c-mon we all know you mowed her lawn for it
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-24-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
great find,keep us posted.