Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-24-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Anyone here ride in the new england region???
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-24-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Yea, I'm from CT, And I've seen people from MA.
Why you asking and where you from?
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-24-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
New Hampshire, yeah guy...
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-24-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
right here, representing the far northeast corner; Maine.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-24-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
I am from Mass...Worcester area...
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-24-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
i'm in RI...buying a boat this winter...just curious if i was the only one in the area. I will be riding mostly on walumn lake...if you aren't familiar it is half in webster, ma and right on the border of CT
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-24-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
I lived in Shrewsbury, mass for a long time.. the east coast isnt a huge scene for wakeboarders. I hardly ever saw anyone out on the lake wakeboarding. I moved back to the west coast where im originally from.. much better scene for the watersports.. I did head down to webster lake a few times, and there was a few more riders there
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-25-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, there aren't too many in the northeast, and of those, only a few are as passionate as the rest of us. I think it probably has something to do with the weather. Where do you ride in Maine Bess? My parent's have a place in the Lewiston area I usually ride at. I think the northeast needs to start speaking up if we want wakeboarding to pick up around here, I know theres got to be more of us.
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-25-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
one more from maine...
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-26-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Ted and Patrick, we gotta get out and ride this summer, we keep our boat on Sebago lake. I'm constantly looking for a core group of people that are really into it to ride with. Last summer I wasn't so successful. We def. need to find a way to develope the scene more up here. I remember a few years ago we tried to organize a northeast wakefest, and I don't remember what happened but somehow it fell through. We should try to put something together again.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-26-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, we'll have to meet up and ride sometime next summer. It'd be great to meet some people to ride with. I figure there won't be anyone else from new england speaking up anytime soon, I'm sure they're not checking out wakeworld now that its almost december. We'll have to start this thread or one similar to it in the spring.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-26-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
One here in Boston...I've been riding mostly at a private lake in Spencer this past summer, but always looking for people to ride with. It's hard to find people as into the sport as some other warmer locations...
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-26-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
kelly, where in Spencer, I am from there...but we wakeboard in Worcester...only place I can find people to ride with...my lake is pretty quiet and usually have trouble finding people to ride with too...I am hoping next year to get out more than once a week...haha
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-26-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Oh, I must admit that for the next 8 months I live in western mass. for schoool. Then I'm either moving back to maine or down to FL. So if there is anyone on here from western mass speak up!
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
There was some event in Burlington, VT. There seems to be a decent scene up there. I think these folks put it on...www.newakeschool.com
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-27-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
Yea I was going to check it out...but then found out how far it is for me...but I did go and watch one of those INT competitions...pretty neat...but I think it would be great to be able to go to something like those "wakefest"...or even to meet alot more people that like wakeboarding...maybe might help me ride better...haha...
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I live in CT on Lake Lilinonah.
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Bess & Patrick,

Send me a pm next summer if your gonna be in the state...I would love the opportunity to ride with new people and behind new boats...

Bess, your boat sounds pissah, post a pic...Did you buy locally from Panther Run Marina?
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-27-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Panther Run, you got it. I'm at the school's comp. right now so I don't have any pics but I do have a slideshow of pics on my myspace page. It's the second slideshow on the left hand side. You can check out my myspace @

http://www.myspace.com/besserism
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       11-27-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
Central Massachusetts here as well. Always looking for people to ride with.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2006, 5:29 AM Reply   
Erik,
Do you happen to be on Quinsig? I thought I saw a boat like yours out there...not many nice boats like that...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       11-28-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
No that isn't mine. Never had the boat in Quinsig - I am on Singletary. I have seen that boat you're talking about though while driving on RT 9, over in that little cove behind where Gauch Brothers used to be. I think it is a 2001 Air Nautique, not a Super Air. I broke my leg at that lake and I kind of avoid it now :-)
Old     (td70)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
New Hampshire. Winnisquam & Winnipesakee
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-28-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I'm from CT and I go to school at UConn, so I ride around there and then my family also has a place in western mass on a private lake.

I have a few friends in the northeast CT area that aren't on Wakeworld but ride alot. There is a great lake in CT right by Bradley airport the only boat dealers are right near by so its sort of a watersports mecca for the area. Everytime I've been there on a weekend the lake is full of ski and board boats.

I'd love to meet up and ride with some new people next summer.

I do remember one guy earlier this year that had an 06 xstar looking for people to ride with in CT I don't think he's posted yet.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
I am going to have to try and hook up with you guys...just so I can get spoiled with the nice boats...mine is getting old...runs great...but starting to think of upgrade time...
Kyle, Singletary...I know a guy that lives over there...and also a few that ski and barefoot over there...that is a nice lake...I usually hit Quinsig due to couple friends that ride with me and easier for them there than to head out to my house...I live on Sugnen Res...small lake but quiet during the week...just can't get riders...haha...maybe the boat...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       11-28-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Nick V who do you know on Singletary. I kind of know everyone on the lake. My family has been in that area for close to 100 years.

Also to the person that has access to a private lake in the area... are you currently in the market for new friends

(Message edited by juniorhawk on November 28, 2006)
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
Erik, I believe he lives on that lake...Bob Direnzo...he is a good wakeboarder...well better than me...which isn't too hard.lol...he heads out with us sometimes...hopefully we can get this link going this summer to try and hook up with others...maybe get wakeboarding bigger around here...I got a friend on Lake Lashaway, me on Sugden, friend on Cranberry...working on other lakes...haha
Old     (tjm01)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
CT here - ride on the CT river north of Glastonbury
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-28-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Not New England, but the NJ wakeboarding scene is growing. Kelly Lee came down for our 1st annual east-west wakefest this past June.
Next year promises to be bigger and better (and hopefully less rainy) We had Parks and Ike there this year, so next year who knows???

Keep checking for updates for 2007.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-28-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hey while we have the attention of the New England wakeboarders. I was wondering if someone could tell me if theres a good place to camp and wakeboard. I'm in NE CT but I'd be interested in going almost anywhere. Would anyone else be interested if theres a good place maybe we could get a bunch of the New Englanders together next summer.

Erik, I'd be happy to have people come up and ride with me. The lake is completely empty any weekday. The weekends are good except between 1 and 6, the new yorkers tow the grand kids in the tubes.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
there is a few camps in florida. you can go to the owc cable park camp or the shaun murray "the boarding school" camp. and a ton more in cali.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-28-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Taylor I meant camp as in camping, I'm lookin for a place to tent or rv camp by a lake and wakeboard.

Although you mention the OWC cable park I acctually got to go there this spring, I would love to have one of those in New England. I think the nearest one is what like 1000 miles away?
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Kyle,

If you're willing to make the trip, there are plenty of campgrounds in Maine that are located on lakes...My personal favorite is Kokatosi campground which is located on Crescent Lake in the town of Raymond. It's a small lake (5 miles of shore line, 716 acres) that stays relatively ideal for wakeboarding with very few water hazards to worry about. Its roughly 20 miles northwest of Portland and 5 miles east of Sebago lake.
http://kokatosi.maine.com/

If you want to go bigger there are multiple campgrounds on Sebago/Long lake (32,000+ acres)...However, it has much greater traffic and can be a very rough lake...(lots of fun though)
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-29-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Ted, thanks for the info...a friend of mine moved back to Maine...and we have been trying to come up with a place for next year to try and bring the boat up there and do a camp thing with the kids...I will have to favorite that site...would be great to get a bunch together though...
Old     (candlebu)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-29-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
i'll be keeping my boat on lake lilinonah this summer...almost always butter!
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       11-29-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
I live in Webster MA, very near Worcester
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Erik, Nick,

We should definitely get in touch.
I am always looking for new people to ride with.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-29-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
"Would anyone else be interested if theres a good place maybe we could get a bunch of the New Englanders together next summer?"
I'd be up for that. Anyone else?
Old     (mikeymarsh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
Southeastern Mass. Here. Was riding last weekend in Pembroke, MA.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good idea to get everyone from NE together, but I think that you should wait and maybe start a new thread or bring this thread back sometime in april when more riders will be on the discussion board.
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-29-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Defenitly count me in on the camping wake weekend, or any other new england get together.
Old     (mikeymarsh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hey guys, my dad just opened a new Mastercraft store in Pembroke and we are planning some cool events for next year - free ride contests, double up contests, and slider contests. We plan on having a few in different places in the state. If you are interested you can contact the shop at nefwm.com and let us know that you are interested so we can keep you up to date on whats happening.(feel free to stop by the shop and check out the 2007 boats - including the X-Star
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I am always down for a camping/ wake weekend.

I know of a place in Westerly RI. The lake there is usually pretty empty because it is 5 minuites from the ocean. The name is Burlingame. I've never been on the lake there though so I can't speak for ecperience.
Old     (marchamb)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-29-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
Nick, who is your friend on Cranberry?
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-30-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
I know a few people...P.Gallagher is my boss, but Gregoire's are my wife's cousin, and then I know Lacaire's...been over there a couple times skiing with the boss...or at least trying...haha...I saw your Xstar over there...I hear you throw some big wakes...hahaha
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-30-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
Big wakes......you hear that Michael?
You need to show 'em what big wakes are really like...:-)
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-03-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
No disrespect...but compared to all the skiing we do over there...anything is a big wake...haha...I'm still having enough trouble with the small ones...lol