Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    gator_boards06            05-02-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
im wondering if the new pro x-series bow integrated sack will fit in the bow under the seats...if ne one knows please let me know..
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-02-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
It's me again. This is what I just installed last weekend in my X-Star. It's a bit wrinkled, but fits. When I blew it up, it kind of pushed up the cushions before the over-flow started spilling, but it looks like it will do the trick.

Dave
Old    gator_boards06            05-03-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
hey dave how much room would u say u had under your front seats??
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-03-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I believe we both have the exact same dimensions. The X-Star I have is the same hull as the boat you have. The only difference is the V-drive/Direct drive thing. The bad thing is I had to move some of the required cheesy orange life-vests to the rear, and anchor too.

If your interested, in a day or so, I can take a couple of pics.

Dave
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hi Dave, I have an 04 X2, and I'm also looking at putting the same sack up front, a few pics would be great.

Mal
Old    gator_boards06            05-03-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
yeah man that sounds good, by the way thanx for all the help man u have been alotta help, so where u from??
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-03-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
I'll post some pic's Thursday afternoon. Had some errands to run after work, so couldn't do it. I'll take them at lunch.

I'm in Truckee, CA, which is at the north end of Lake Tahoe.

Here's a pic of my '98 205. If you click on my profile (name), you'll see the current X-Star.

If you look closely, you'll see the side sac, deflated, in the side storage area.

Upload
Old    gator_boards06            05-04-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
hey man looks pretty nice...
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-04-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Got the pics. Took these on the way to work this morning. Got a conference call today during lunch.

The first pic is the overall fill of the front seat space.

Upload

This is a shot from inside the storage area behind the observer seat. The bag has a bottom fitting for removing water. Pump is screwed right into the bag. It's got 2 1-way valves because I tapped into the overfill line coming from the center factory ballast. Also, the overfill outlet and air purge lines are here two. The other valve keeps the water which is being pumped OUT from going back in the purge lines.

Upload

This shot shows how I've tapped the FILL pump into a cold-water line under the engine.

Upload

This shot shows where the fill line comes in on the driver's side. A 1-way valve again keeps water from leaving the bag when filled.

Upload

There are 3 top fittings on the bag. One where the fill line is attached, one up front, and one above the empty pump. Here is a shot showing the TEE's used to link the two top fittings for air purging and overflow when full.

Upload

That covers it. The thing I have to work on is how to keep the front seats and cup holders from lifting up when the bag is full.

Dave
Old    gator_boards06            05-04-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
hey man thanx for the pics im kinda scared it isnt gonna fit in my boat..i ordered it im supposed to get it friday so im hoping it will fit i will let u know if it does or not cuase that damn thing looks huge..do u have thru hull ballast???
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-04-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
The bow sac thing will fit the same. Mastercraft has not changed the front seating for 10+ yrs.

Now, the bag may not fill to its full potential, but it will fill what space is there just fine.

It's certainly better than when I kept 3 50# sand bags shoved in there. This 150#'s of fixed weight was not helping my trailer balance at all.

Since the X-Star already has all the thru-hull fittings, as shown in the pics, I just used one that was already there.

You will need to be more creative. If you don't want to drill new fittings, you could TEE into the bilge line that runs out the driver's side.

As for the fill line, just find a cold-water line, and tee into it. Just make sure its as low as possible, so that water will always be priming the fill pump.

If you want the cleanest install, then go to a boat dealer, and get thru-hull the fittings, and recommended drill. MC, Centurion and Malibu use these on their factory ballasts. I would recommend putting a manual 45 degree shut-off valve before the pump, in case the pump itself springs a leak or bursts. I've seen it happen.

Drilling for fittings isn't that hard. Make sure you have good thread sealant and/or silicone to keep the fittings from leaking.

Dave

(Message edited by awf_axis on May 04, 2006)
Old    gator_boards06            05-04-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
ya, im not big on the thru hull fittings...well maybe factory but im not to big on drilling holes in my boat...but like i said i have that fat seat in the rear of my boat and i will ahve that bowsac in the front what size pump do u recommend me putting on that ive been thinking about like a reversible 2000 (gph) its around ive figured prolly like 2000lbs of ballast...give me some ideas if u have any..i sall the article on wakeworld about ballast im gonna probably build me something like that...give me some ideas if u have any??
Old    gator_boards06            05-04-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
o yea for the cup holders i have a buddy with a xstar he uses super glue but u have to watch out for the bag for it doesnt bust them or find u some smaller cup holders he went with the super glue first and it seemed to work...but then he found him some cub holders that werent so deep and installed those....for the seats man i would try like those vinyl snap things if u know wut im talking about?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-04-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
The bags are supposed to be bullet proof, so I'm not too worried. I may fabricate some sort of padded housing around the cup holders.

As for the pumps, I don't think anything special is necessary.

The ones I put in are Tsunami pumps, cost $50 at the dealer, and have threaded pick-ups. Some of the so-called faster pumps don't have that.

I don't think the extra money is worth a minute of my time, particulary when these pumps don't last that long.

As for the reversible pumps, the Jabsco Water Puppy (reversible) is a cool solution (3 came stock in the boat), but for $250 a pop, and the fact that they are finicky to reverse, I chose NOT to do this on the front bags. Saved $150 bucks.

Dave

(Message edited by awf_axis on May 04, 2006)
Old    gator_boards06            05-04-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
hey man so wut u are saying is u would buy two pumps a sac and have like a fill pump and a drain pump??? and would u drain it out of your hole already in your boat for bilge????how much gph is your pumps?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-04-2006, 10:55 PM Reply   
If I was doing it again on the old 205, to keep costs down, I would get the two pumps (don't know the ratings), drill a drain hole and put in a fitting. For the fill, I would tap an existing hose for the fill pump.

I've drilled before (above the water-line). However, I won't drill under the water-line, so that's why I'd tap an existing hose.

Dave
Old    gator_boards06            05-05-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
hey man thanx for the info..wuts your email incase i have ne problems u sound pretty familiar with my project??
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-05-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
You can just put posts here. I get emailed automatically. I'm sure other's reading this thread would like to see what's up.

Old    gator_boards06            05-05-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
aight man thats cool
Old    gator_boards06            05-05-2006, 10:55 PM Reply   
hey man i got that sack in today..i put it in my boat im gonna see what she does tommorow..