Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2005, 12:28 AM Reply   
i read/heard something a few weeks ago that shane bonifay was the first to do a hsbs7. i was watching "my house" tonight when in collin wright's segment, collin did a hsbs7.

is there a difference between shane's version and collin's? why was shane credited with the first to do a hsbs7?

disclaimer: not to disrespect shane. he's an awesome rider with a lot of style.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-01-2005, 6:30 AM Reply   
I think Chase did it
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-01-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Chase had an ad in WBM way the heck back when. Also, Greg Necrasson did it in a pretty old video that I can't think of. Boy I sure am a lot of help
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
I know Greg does one in Boombox. But that's not that old.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-01-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
What Blabel said, although it was a spread in the Sessions section, and it was the first hsbs7 I had ever seen. I remember being VERY impressed when I saw that, I think it was early 98 or late 97?

Of course, that was the first one documented, and Shane was only 13 or 14 at the time, so I doubt he was the first one to do it. Just my opinion though, I have no hard facts..
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Shane did that big off axis one at the double or nothing thing. i certainly doubt that constitutes the first BS7. Hell Chris Williams has been doing that same trick for years now. I don't recall but I'd say if anyone had the skills to do it first it would be Collin, I guarantee he was the first to do it off the wake, no double up. Which is just nutty.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-01-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I don't know if chase did the very first backside 7, but he had the first backside 7 on film (as you all said, it was in that wbm, but it was a photo sequence and it wasn't an ad).
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
Yeah Chase was the first on film but I wouldn't be surprised if Collin did it first.
Old    murrayair            02-01-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
Shane said that the first HSBS7 that he ever landed(and, incidently, the first one he ever attempted) was at the Double or Nothing contest.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
First one he ever attempted? Not sure about that, if you listen too the commentary on F4A Mark said how Shane got worked on the BS7.
Old    murrayair            02-01-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
Kristian- that's what he said in the August edition of WBM.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
Odd then, Sorry I was just watching F4A and thats what I heard. I think Shane would know what he's tried and hasn't.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-01-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Mark - I believe that was the first hsbs OFF-AXIS 7 that shane attempted...that day!

I don't know, I'm just blabbin'.
Old    murrayair            02-01-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
You know, now that I think about it, you guys may be right. It does seem a little odd that someone with Shane's abilities would have just learned a BS7 a few months ago. He may have just been misquoted in WBM or something.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
I heard something about shane being the first to do hsbs 7 wake2wake (without help of a double up). His first off axis bs7 was a the dub or nothing event. I know in running with scissors he does one on axis wake 2 wake and that was like 2000.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-01-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
im sayin Collin. After talking to Trevor, who does blind 7's in his sleep. We both agree on Collin.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2005, 4:49 AM Reply   
Oh yeah trevor does those BS 7's pretty easy.
Old    wsrmatt            02-02-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
No way the first blind seven ever was Chase Heavener a few years back. At least the was the first time id ever seen it done in pictures or film but who knows cuz Collin Wright rips so i could easily see him doin it. I know that Chris Williams was the first ever to do a blind off axis 5 and also a seven and also that rewind thing back to 180 from a blind oa spin. His first blind off axis seven was w2w and 4 years ago. Alot of people think Shane is the one pioneering that trick though.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-02-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
I remember seeing at the very end of "Mayday" a then unknown Colin Wright stomping a hsbs540, and throwing his fist up like you do when you first start landing a certain trick. I'm thinking that by the way he reacted, he had not landed a hsbs 720 yet, and this was I think around the time Chase's spread was in WB magazine.

Hell I don't know, I'm sure Trevor is much more in the know about it than I am...

I'm sure Byerly probably threw down one on some sunny afternoon back in '94 and told nobody about it... just because he's Byerly
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-02-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
someone does on of a dup in wide awake in the intro, but im not sure who it is.
edit: sorry its shane, going through in slowmo i can see the trip 128 desgin

(Message edited by hyperlitenrd on February 02, 2005)
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-02-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
as I remember correctly it was Chase Heavener that was the fist person to do one off the dbl up and Collin was one of the 1st to do it off the wake, Shane was up there, but not the 1st to do any of them, not even the rodeo bs 7, Shane said his 1st one was at the Parks dbl up or nothing contest, I have footage of Chris Williams doing them over a year before that contest, Chris just never gets any love