Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    nubee_rider            08-15-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
hey can any1 give me directions from the orange county area. (91,5,405,605,57,...im close to any of these freeways) thank you in advance!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
There are closer places to ride. it will take you a good 6-8 hours at least. probably head up the 5. Go to Mapquest and get directions to Discovery Bay.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-15-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
no go to a lake... if you like getting lost go to the delta... just bring a sleeping bag...

haha
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
the idea for gps was born at the delta.....
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
I don't think you can get to the Delta from there
Old    justsomeguy            08-15-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
A "data analyst" who can't figure out Google or Mapquest.

Hilarious! (and kind of sad at the same time)
Old    nubee_rider            08-15-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
mapquest? not a bad idea....now whats mapquest? hahaha!
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-15-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
If you head out to Las Vegas and take a right, you can't miss it.....
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-16-2005, 1:12 AM Reply   
Delta, oh it's closed this year. Did'nt you get the memo?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
ummm, Delta is too crowded with ppl tubing and powerturning, don't wanna come here hehe
Old    nubee_rider            08-16-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
hey u guys are mean...do u need a to be an ass to be a good rider or what? i just wanted to learn some and see what ever1s talkin about but its ok, maybe if i stay stupid ill get to run u over one day. on accident, of course. thanks to those of u that r lookin out.

(Message edited by nubee_rider on August 16, 2005)
Old    justsomeguy            08-16-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
fficial" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/search?q=california+delta&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial

Posting in normal fashion wouldn't make you seem so dense.

Posting like some AIM/IM kiddie makes you sound dumb, even if you were to post something that isn't dumb.

Might I suggest Elsinore instead of the Delta? Or maybe a festive day of drinking Coors Light and bowling instead?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
Like someone said, you'll get lost. Make sure you bring someone that knows the Delta. Did I mention you will get lost?
As for getting there, take I5 north, get off at any exit from Manteca to north of Sacramento, head west till you hit water. It really is that big. The SF Bay all the way past stockton (60+ miles), and about Sacramento south past Tracy (another 50 miles or so), and a hundred diffrent ways in between. I've been here thirty years and haven't seen it all (about %50). This ain't Parker Strip, with 12 miles of water and only one direction to go.
Have fun, with comments like "ill get to run u over one day" you'll earn lots of NoCal friends. I guess you didn't read the post about the girl that got ran over a few weeks ago a couple miles from my house. Running people over is kinda a sore subject right now. I'm sure you'll get one of us locals to help you out, being you'll need a guide or someone to point you in the right direction when you get lost.
And what do you plan on running us over with Newbee? According to your profile you have no ride. I guess you expect to make bad jokes about getting run over, despite recent events here, and expect one of us to haul you around? Maybe one of us will run over you while launching our boats, while you stand around looking for a ride to mooch. As you put it, "on accident, of course
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-16-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
Newbee, before you get here make sure you stop at Walmart in Tracy and buy plenty of rations because when you get lost there won't be any of us around , we can smell a SoCal goof with no sense of humour and no boat driving skills a 300 miles away, and if ya smell like ganja jeff will make sure that CoCo County Jail will have a room ready for you.
Lighten up Dude!!!!
We're not trying to surf some precious Huntington break and telling you when we get there we're gonna shank ya!
Old    nubee_rider            08-17-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
you know what...back in hawaii we got surf spots designated for local only riders or privledged invite spots so i get it......its cool. like i said im still green to your sport, its your spot, guess i got my first lesson in HOT SPOTS. i didnt mean any disrespect to the girl who did get ran over, my prayers go out to her, her family & friends. that was a bad comment. i dont have a boat; yer right. i dont have a truck to tug it around with either...lets get it all out on the table: im a newbee. i dont bowl, drink cheep beer or mooch. machew, sorry if you got that treatment in HB we got some Aholes down here. HB aint all that anyway, try SAN O or SAN CLEMENTE. thanks for the info jeff, but i think ill stay clear of the delta for right now; it dont seem too inviting.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-17-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
its any bodies sport that wants to have fun and the Delta is a open water way to whom ever wants to use it.People are just messin with ya. Most people in this area are the first to invite and show people around in this area. I don't think you will find nicer people than the locals from around here.
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-17-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
Just stand by the ramp and hold up a gas card. you will find lots of friendly people on the delta.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hey Newbee,
Just read Charles' post. People up here are way cooler than some of the trolls protecting those SoCal breaks! We're just messin with you. If we started being jerks about riding our delta I guess there would'nt be a NorCal. That's the real differnce.
But you still might want to bring food, a handheld GPS, gas card with no limit , and a sense of humour!
Old    nubee_rider            08-17-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
right on guys. thanks for easing up on the nubee.