Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hossdog)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
So my friends Girlfriend had a pen break in her purse and I have blue ink all over my white vinyl... So pi$$ed! Anyone have any good advice for getting it off without destroying the vinyl? I had just finished detailing the boat.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2013, 9:46 AM Reply   
Isopropyl alcohol usually takes ink out, right? Magic Eraser + Alcohol? Whatever you do is probably going to be bad for the vinyl, make sure you hit it with 303 right after
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-19-2013, 10:30 AM Reply   
the sun will bleach it out over time...i've used bonzoil peroxide ( think acne cream) 10% is fine...dab it on wiht a q tip...leave in sun for about an hour...shud be gone. wipe off and treat wiht some protectant.
Old     (hossdog)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
Thanks guys... I used a little bit of fingernail polish remover and that took a lot of it off, but there is still a little bit left. I think I'll try the peroxide next. I hit it with cleaner and then conditioner afterwards.

What's next? I'm going to have to start searching people's bags before they enter the boat? Had a guy bring on some sort of mixed cocktail in a Rubbermaid container that had the lid fall off of when he went to pull it out of his backpack last year I had red all over the boat! Luckily that came off pretty easily. Then two weeks ago someone thought it was a good idea to bring a Tupperware full of watermelon for a snack! What a mess! I'm going to have to start posting a boat rules sheet or something. I just want to have fun and relax, but sheesh! These people just don't think!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-19-2013, 12:01 PM Reply   
If they don't own boats they don't know any better. Up to you to let them know what is OK. Like I don't let shoes in my boat and I don't let people walk or step on my seats. Some people think that is excessive, but I had a tech rip my seats stepping on them installing my bimini so i don't think it is!!
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-19-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
You could try hair spray. I used that to clean ink out of my dryer before. Worked awesome.

People who have never owned boats before just do not understand. I had a lengthy conversation with my buddy and his fiancé once about why they need to take their shoes off. 2 hours later they got off the boat, went to the bathroom across a gravel road, walked back to the dock and took 4 steps across my sun deck, then 2 steps on my back seat before finally getting to the carpet. I almost threw their shoes in the lake.

Next time I'm at their house I'm walking across their furniture with my damn boots on....
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-19-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdog View Post
So my friends Girlfriend had a pen break in her purse and I have blue ink all over my white vinyl... So pi$$ed! Anyone have any good advice for getting it off without destroying the vinyl? I had just finished detailing the boat.
Next time you're out you can keep a towel wet all day and leave it on the stain all day, and keep getting the towel wet. Having folks sitting on it, it will actually pull up some crazy stains.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-20-2013, 12:08 AM Reply   
Don't use to many chemicals. The sun will do the rest of the work for you. I'd be sure to use some conditioner asap after using polish remover.

As far as your buddy goes, I'd walk in the gravel in front of his house and then take a nice stroll over the top his car, making sure to twist around some. That's bs that they did that right after you told them about it. I don't even let people bring their shoes. They stay at the dock, or in the truck. I tell them they don't need them where we're going. I've told people about pens already too. One girl had one in her back pocket. I could just see her tearing a seat or having it bust open. People just don't think. And what's worse, they think your being over protective or "crazy". Those people don't get to many invites.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-20-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
If a person questions your simple request then that person is not a friend and therefore should not be on the boat in the first place.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-20-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Magic Eraser man! Works wonders!