Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (NewWakeGirl)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-19-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
I know we are hitting the prime season, but June was cooler this year than prior years. What water temp do people start wearing wetsuits? If it's not too cool, but enough to be uncomfortalbe, what is the best type?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
60 or so
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
I dont have a set temp. If i'm cold and its July, Im gonna put a suit of some type on. I ride better when Im warm. I think a long armed shorty is the best for those cooler spring/summer mornings. Something thinner and flexible. I prefer the Rip Curl zipperless suits. Really flexible and warm as hell. A lot of times its the air temp that gets you, not the water temp.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-19-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
If the water temp is below 70 im wearing a suit. Heater top if its 70 or so and under 80 degrees air temp. My blood is now thin though i used to ride when it when the water was 55 or so but no way could i do that now.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
If you ride year round you should have three things. A springsuit, fullsuit, and a heater top. I'd rather wear some kind of a suit and be comfortable. I always ride timid when I'm cold. if you can swing the $, I bought an oneill boot drysuit this year, and that thing was so warm all winter.

Also, I like to break a sweat before I ride and keep my body warm. You will see me and my crew in snowboard pants and a jackets before our sets when its 70-75 degrees outside. Helps prevent injuries and loosens your joints.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-20-2012, 3:19 AM Reply   
I run a top from 55-75 although the upper end depends on air temp. Also I'm a new englander so my skin is on the thicker side early season. No need for a wetsuit
Old     (NewWakeGirl)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-20-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Awesome, great info! THANKS! I'm pretty thin skinned, small female who could probably use some meat! :-) haha...just find that if the water is about 75 or below, I'm pretty uncomfortable and I'm trying to figure out what to get. Looks like I should invest in a at least a spring, I'll look into some other ones. Feel free to keep the posts if you have any suggestions on brands to buy or places.
THANKS!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-20-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Even my 3/2 taped seam Ripcurl gets hot in the cooler water temps & sunny days, so when im not riding its folded down. I swear the thing is watertight and i rarely get any water in.

Never heard a female wish she could get a little more meat on her
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ haha, ain't that the truth

Last edited by Readyaimfire; 06-20-2012 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Stupid iPad keyboard