Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Which bindings
Ronix One 11 55.00%
LF Watson CT 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-01-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
I'm trying to find a nice new good pair of bindings. I'll probably get something from 09 to save a few bucks. The Ronix Ones sound good from what I've read. I also like the fact that the LF Watsons say they don't need the heat molding and mold to your feet over time. I've found both for around $250-275, new.

Has anyone tried both? For either, how is the sizing? Are they pretty true to size or big or small?

Oh sweet - I just noticed the poll option, too.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
why would you prefer them to mold over time versus having them heat molded exactly to your feet right away? dont be afraid of comfort
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
Brett, what size do you wear, I have a pair of 12-13 2010 watsons that have never been in the water we might can make a deal on...
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-01-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'm okay with the heat molding, but I just want something that will work best long term - after the 1st month or two. It sounds like it'd be nice for the Watsons to keep molding to your foot and how you actually ride. That's why I'm asking, though.

I wear 10 1/2, so I'm pretty sure 12-13 would be way too big.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-01-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
I had both. The Watsons were great but nothing I've had on my feet compare to the Ones.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
I have Ronix Reliks, and they have also molded to my feet over time. I think most head moldable boots do that, LF is the only company that thinks to advertise this. You can't go wrong either way, but I'm going to make this thread just like every other gear thread and tell you to demo. My Reliks fit true to size, but a little wide, but I might just have narrow feet, so who knows how they will fit for you.
Old     (dmorrison22)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-01-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
I'v* had both. Both a** amazing.

J*st *om*s down to th* b*tt** d*al and whi*h loo*s b*tt** on yo** boa*d.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 11:46 PM Reply   
You don't have to heat mold the Ronix bindings. If you dont, they will break in just as quickly as the LF bindings. All bindings break in over time, the heat molding just does it out of the water in 8 minutes versus over a month or so. I have friends that have heat molded LF bindings (The difference is that voids the warrenty for LF).
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I had both last year.. Started out with the ones.. they were super comfy, possibly some of the most comfy bindings Ive had on my feet, however, they just didnt seem to have a soft enough impact for me, if that makes since.. I think maybe the footbed was a little to thin for my liking.. I got the watsons, because I had owned some in the past and loved them, and they footbed felt so much more thick.. Not to mention they were great support on the ankles.. They werent quite as comfy as the ones, but as the season went on, they broke in good and felt right.. I love em, and would recommend the watsons, but you wont go wrong with either boot you choose.
Old     (kmoney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-02-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
i got the 08 ones they molded to my feet over the summer. didnt put them in the oven or any of that bs. cant talk for the watsons or 09 ones, but the 08s were sick
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-02-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
I've had the '09 for almost a year now, and while they've been great (super lightweight, easy laces for in and out) they just didn't feel as soft on the landings as the Watson's did. My $0.02
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
LF boots are the best out there... especially the watson
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the tips. It's good to know that it's not necessary to actually heat mold bindings. It sounds pretty evenly split. I do like a soft cushion, though, so I'd lean toward the Watsons on that one. I'm not in a hurry and will probably just see what deals I can find.

Also, nobody mentioned sizing. If I order these online I want to make sure I get the right size. I usually wear a 10 1/2. Do either of these fit slightly big or small in your guys' opinion?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
I wear a 10.5 as well and the 09 Ones in size 11 fit perfect, no heat molding needed for me. My 08 Watsons I believe were size 10-11?
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-02-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
I wear a size 10.5 shoe. In the Ones I wear a 10, and the Watsons I wear a 9-10 (they are slightly more snug than the Ones)
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
I've had both, and both are great bindings. We usually take a cooler of hot water to pour down our wetsuits and boots early in the year, great trick by the way! and that actually molded the 2 pair of Ones i had. The watsons seem to come up a little higher and give more ankle support...the ones are very stiff at first but loosen up as the season goes on to a good middle ground of flex for me. but can't go wrong either way!