Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
Well I put up a post a little while back trying to find some areas to live in near riding up by Madison as I have a job offer in that area.

Well we have been looking and have narrowed our search to a couple different areas. Would love to hear some input. We are a young family so schools and quality of life is of the utmost importance.

Here are some of the areas we have come up with MT Horeb, Edgerton and Oregon. Those are just what we have found appealing. We also snowboard a ton in the winter as well. Obviously Edgerton is the most appealing due to its location and the houses are priced very nicely. You seem to get a ton of house for your money there. Mt Horeb probably has one of the best snowboarding places in the winter in Tyrol Basin. WE just don't know anything about the 3 cities compard to each other. Again Edgerton seems to offer the most in terms of housing, but that somewhat concerns us not being as nice of a place to live compared to the others.....that is just purely based on our knowledge of big city living here in Chicago. You have to "pay" for the nice areas and obviously those areas up there are not Chicago....that is why we are looking :-)

How would you rate the areas for living. We are obviously going to be trekking up there when the time gets closer to check them out in person. Just trying to grab as much info as possible. Thanks

I will also be shooting over to midwest wakeboarder as well
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-22-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Hey Swat I am from Madison, born and raised. My choices would be in order. Orgeon, Mt. and then Edgerton. Oregon is the nicest and closest to "the good stuff". aka the lakes, west side9has the good mall and food choices) Tyrol is cool-going this weekend as a matter of fact. Send me a pm come spring we are always looking for riders.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-26-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Dang man, pick a place already......LOL
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-26-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt,

Seem to be finding that Oregon is the most established behind Mt Horeb and then Edgerton is an "up-in coming" area which they think is going to be up there as well.

WAZZY
HAHAHAAHA Shut it! I would buy if I was assured %100 I was getting the position. Won't know that til late Jan early Feb. Why don't you just buy me a house on the river and make it easy. :-)

NO PULLS FOR YOU! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(Message edited by xstarrider on December 26, 2007)
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-27-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Swat... no worries on the no pulls... you sold the Centurion for an MC...... oooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahaahaaa
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-27-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
I knew that was coming for sure HEHEHEHEEE!

I still have second thoughts about letting our last Centurion go indeed. We miss a ton of the features and loved their product (IE 4 boats), but my wife now after experiencing the wake behind the MC and how non-intimidating it is for her compared to the Cyclone pretty much put the kabash on that. So I gues I can live with the MC wake if I must:-) So I will take what I can get......happy wife makes for a happy husband HAHAAHA Gotta support the local dealer as well. Mark has always been great to us. Besides Brian works for MC now too WE all sold out
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-28-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yeah had to jab you there.... nothing personal...

Yeah MC wakes are pretty NON-intimidating (sure I will get some flames on here for that).... and keeping the wife happy is always good...

Not all of us sold out... My next boat is either a SANTE or AVEY....