Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Im riding a ronix one right now and im not really satisfied with it after a season of riding. I would like something a little quicker, same amount of pop, and a board that's pop is more consistent than the one's. I've narrowed it down to three choices. . B-Side . Militant . Lyman.
Which one would you choose and why?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-15-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
I would say B-side just because hyperlite has never let me down, and they have an awesome warrenty, but that would be my only reason
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
JD spent 2 years developing the B-Side, worth a demo for sure.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-15-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I like my b-side but would like to try the lyman later this year.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Has anyone held it? How light is it compared to a say a shane or ronix one?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
I'm going to try out the Lyman this year....I'm coming off a One as well....Hopefully will get to ride it soon in a week or so. I'll let you know my opinion on the differences. The Lyman is supposed to be fast, light, and have some explosive pop. It is very thin on the ends which makes it light. I wouldn't say there was a whole lot of difference in weight between the one and the lyman. I don't have my One anymore to compare to it but just guessing. I got the 139 Lyman...had a 137 One. The landings will definitely be better! Looking at the fin setup it should ride like a loose axis or shane but with the speed of some of the older continuous rocker boards.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-16-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have the B-Side and it is light, I would say just about the same as the Ronix one and just a tad heaver than my CWB Platty.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
i just picked them both up and the Lyman 139 is lighter then the One 137. not by much but you can feel it when picking them up
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-16-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
seems like several of you are dumping the One board. is it slow? i would try the lyman if i got the chance, not sure it i would give up my marius for it though. we'll have to see
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-16-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
i would reccomend the lyman not even riding mine yet, from the reviews i've read it's incredibly fast WITHOUT the extra fins, and the pop is supposed to be amazing.

Oh yea IMO it's one of the lightest boards i've ever held as well
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Really you think so? I picked it up today at the show and it felt the same as any other board.
Old     (jamienz)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-16-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
I have the Lyman 139, and came off the Watson 138. Seems to land better and have heaps more pop. Pretty sure its the same weight though. Really slidey feel which I like (just the molded in fins). Best board I have ridden!
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-16-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Jamie, do you have the extra fins ? because i wanted to know how it rides with them.

and Sleez, this is coming from the guy who last picked up a new deck in 2003 =P