Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-25-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Anyone out there using the reverse arch Monster tower MTK? I had finally picked a new tower for my boat (not a MTK) and when i went to order, i found out its back ordered for a few more weeks. With boat season coming fast i've started looking at other options. A dealer close to me has a few of these in stock and i can get one any time. So anyone out there using one or have an opinion on it?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-25-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
When Monster first came out with it, their machining was off, and the legs of the tower were not the same size, causing some lopsided towers. We have the MTK on ours, but we did it alone rather than dealer installed and wound up having to get the fiberglass reinforced (on top of us even using bigger fastening plates than the ones provided). If done right, it could be cool. I love the look of ours, but the work we put into it was not worth it. Have it done right or look elsewhere.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-25-2013, 9:53 PM Reply   
Ya i figured on having to add some fiberglass to the spots where its mounted. I didnt know about the bad machining. I hadn't come across anything about that while i was looking for info. Hopefully they have that sorted. Not sure if i'll get one of these, just considering it at this time. Seems like there isnt much info around about them.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2013, 5:59 AM Reply   
We've sold about 15 - 20 or so of them since they came out. I have had zero complaints from customers.
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 10:01 PM Reply   
MTK is our number one selling tower. We have installed about 20 of these towers. DO NOT install per instructions.

MTK has a leg spread of 18", which means a ton of concentrated stress in one area. Even if your fiberglass is 3/8" thick, still reinforce with some 1/4" plywood to beef it up. This tower is a solid tower, but it does have front/'back movement and the leg anchor bolts are known to vibrate loose. Be sure to keep bolts tight every time you go in and out of the water.

If you decide to go with this tower and want some installation pointers, shoot me an email. Ill make your life easy.

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
Tower Sales, Installation and Boat Audio
Nationwide Mobile Installation
405.255.7668 • http://www.waketowerpro.com
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-27-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
Thanks chuck, I still don't know if I'm going with the MTK or not. I can't decide whether its going to look good or not. Even after seeing it on a few boats similar to mine, I can't decide if I like it or not. In most of the pics it looks good from the side but I think it looks a little funny from the front or back. I also think that with the way the legs taper in it might cause a issue with headroom.
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-28-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
What boat do you have?

Have you looked at our Gallery to see if we have done your boat already?

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-29-2013, 2:23 PM Reply   
I looked in the gallery, no pics on a boat like mine, a mastercraft 205. Monster has one pic on their website but thats really all i can find. The more i look at it, the more i think it looks like the forward swept tower on the new MB's which i'm not a big fan of. What exactly did you mean by front-back tower movement? Judging from the design i would have thought the only movement would possibly be side to side?
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-02-2013, 3:42 AM Reply   
Because the feet are so close, the tower has slight vertical movement, but side-to-side movement is virtual zero. The MTK is a very rigid, solid tower. The tower does resemble the MB slightly.

If you like the reverse look, there is a new tower coming out called the Cuda, will be available in June. Its pretty cool looking and would look great on your Mastercraft.

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro

Last edited by waketowerpro; 05-02-2013 at 3:43 AM. Reason: Fix image tag
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-26-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
your websites gallery pictures come up so small I can't really tell much.
Old     (DeuceFour)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-03-2014, 1:58 AM Reply   
Chuck I've been reading lots of your posts on this forum. Thanks for all the help you give around here. I had a question for you. I live in Hawaii. I have a 2005 Chaparral 204 SSi. I was thinking really hard about getting the Monster MTK, but then I found this thread and started looking at the Cuda. I really like it a lot. I like the wider base stance. I've also found a few pictures that look like you can use the factory Bimini as well. Can you confirm this? Also any insight you have on the installation, etc... that you could offer me would be great because there is NO installers out here for this type of thing so I will be doing it myself. I am very good at doing this type of thing, I had planned to reinforce with plywood, etc. Just any opinions you could offer would be great! Thanks!!
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-03-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
Either tower will look great. The MTK will definitely not accommodate a factory bimini. The Cuda has the possibility, but only about a 50/50 shot for the bimini. That doesn't mean you cant modify your bimini frame bows to fit the new tower. Installation is not too bad on this tower, you will first mount the rear feet of the tower, assemble the tower in the folded down rear position, lift tower into place paying attention to where the top header is level with the floor of the boat, mark your front two feet, drill and mount, then finish the final installation. Should take about 3-4 hours.
Old     (DeuceFour)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-03-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
Awesome!! Thanks for the response Chuck!!