Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Last night I had a chance to ride it. And now it's in my living room.

Like with every other new board I ride, I was sceptical. I hate changing wakeboards and usually get nervous when I hear that the board I'm riding has been changed. Man....I was not disappointed.

The new Faction board is incredible. The base is really simple; nothing but 4 bolt on, very small fins, and a spine. The edge in the center of the board rounds off to make it very forgiving. Less features on the base are probably what make the board so fast and smooth. The board I rode was a 138 (smaller than my Transcend deck), I slowed the boat down 1-2 clicks, and still carried tricks into the flats with ease. Very fast, and super smooth. The board is a lot looser than the Transcend, but still easy to control. The edge never let me down. When I landed, it carried it's speed, instead of slowing down abruptly which smoothed out my flat landings.

Because the board is so light (lighter than my Platinum) and fast, I was able to achieve a snap off of the wake like I have never felt before. It was like a breath of freash air, or the first set of the season! I was smiling and celebrating 3 tricks into my set, and ended up spending a good hour on the board.

Here are some shots of the board. I'm not allowed to post the boots yet. I can tell you that they are a low cut boot like the current Faction, but now the boot is a soft shell closed toe. Lot's of flexibility, great hold, my feet were never uncomfortable, and I usually hate closed toe boots.

I also got to try on the new Andrew boot, and the new Answer which I promised will be the lightest boot you will ever get your hands on.

The coolest part is the new CWB core that is replacing the Platinum is going to be based on the Faction shape. So it's getting even lighter!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-30-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
I am so pumped for the '10 C Dub line, you are a lucky man to get your hands on it so early!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Glad to hear that you like that board. I have been on the "new core" board for a few weeks, and it is just as nice as the new Faction, but lighter.....much lighter. I personally had to put a slightly bigger fin in for my liking. It is probably one of the softest landing board that I have ridden. C-Dub is really gonna make some waves this year, and it's gonna be sick.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
thats nice.......any info how wide that thing is .....it looks marius wide
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
J-Rod thanks for the review, board looks great and sounds like a great simple shape that performs really well.

C-Dub needs to make sure they have poly fins available for the boards, so they are cable park friendly.

(Message edited by innov8 on July 30, 2009)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
I am riding the current Faction and I am liking the looks of this one. Looks like they got rid of the rails, gave it a little concave and a beveled edge. Graphics look clean as always. The only thing I don't like about mine is the weight.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
It's about 3/8" wider in the center than my 09 Transcend. I don't know the actual specs, or how that compares to the Marius. Maybe Casey could chime in with that.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
No doubt.... I was telling Jarrod about it after I rode it a few weeks ago. Such a sick ride. I've never ridden anything that fast before. It's still a continuous board, but has absolutely incredible pop. Even more than the Absolute or Transcend that I've been riding this year. When I rode it we had 4 guys in the boat itching to ride it so I cut my set really short. I think I took about 6 cuts. 3 heelside and 3 toeside. Stomped everything, threw the handle and declared that I'd found a new favorite board. LOL!! Now I just can't wait to get my hands on the whole set-up. I've already decided that I'll be riding the full Faction gig next year. Board, boots, and jacket.

C-dub stepped it up this year for sure. All their stuff is sick. Handles, boards, boots, jackets. Good stuff.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
Will they make this in a larger size than 138? CWB is sending me a 2010 board of my choice, so I'm trying to decide if this is the one. I'd want something at least 140...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
the facton comes in sizes up to 144 i believe..unless they changed it
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have to say I agree with everything J-Rod and Evan have said. The new Faction shape is so sick along with the Dub-10 boots. I will be rockin that shpe for sure!
J-Rod LOVIN the New Faction!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
Upload

I also love the board!!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
how did yall get 10 gear already??? must be nice...still rockin worn out, beat 09 gear.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Talking to CWB, it sounds like this board is less expensive than the Absolute and Transcend. Does anyone know what those boards are like for 2010? You guys thinking the Faction is going to be the board to get out of the whole lineup? I know personal preference, but I'm interested in opinions...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
From what I'm hearing the package is going to come in around $450 at the boat shows. If that's the case it's a smokin' deal.

Jeff, the board will also come in a 144. I kinda wish there was something in between. It's an odd size matrix for me, but I can rock the 138. I'll probably ride the 144 and see if I like it before I make up my mind. Hey, if you're getting a board for free I'd wait on the "alternative" core faction. I'm not sure if we're allowed to say what the core is, or the name of the board before Surf Expo, but it'll be the same shape, lighter and snappier.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
And you're thinking this over the Transcend? Seems like the Transcend has been the shape people have been liking the past couple years.

Anyone ridden that shape for 2010? How does it compare to the Faction?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-30-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
I rode the Faction last year and it was honestly the best continuous board I'd ever ridden. The only complaint was that it was a little slow and heavy!! Sped up with an ultralight core? That is going to be excellent!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Jeffrey... I love the Transcend. I'm riding the '09 right now which is the same shape as the 2010. You can't miss with either of them. They're both fast and pop really well. Definitely personal preference, but I'll probably be rocking the Faction next year. If not for any other reason than for a change of pace.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking I'll wait until someone posts the whole lineup.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
That looks real nice! The Marius has been great for me but always open to a change.
J-Rod - You mention something I was thinking about while on the river last night. On my landings, it often feels like someone is pulling the e-brake. It's probably just my style needing to be fixed but I wonder how the Faction would fare.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Mike,
The faction is on the gas. A few times when J landed last night the board wheelied because it was so fast and Jarrod wasn't use to it yet. I have never seen Jarrod get on a board and kill it out of the gates like he did last night. I can't wait to ride that shape.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-30-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
DUB 10 is taking off! I like it!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
hey did any of you cats ride that Vibe yet?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-30-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
fins look like the center fin off of a Marius
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
thanks for sharing.
very cool
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       07-31-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
The whole 210 line is legit! from what ive seen, the 210 answers could almost be lighter than my flip flops!!!!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-31-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
JR... The Vibe is looking cool, but I'm not a flex board guy. It'll be great at cable parks and for sliders, but I don't think I could get into it for an only board.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
as much as we hit rails i'm tryna make it work...
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
J-rod is the new core lighter then the 08 platinum core? Also are they going to have the marius in that lighter core?
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-31-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
So you mentioned the boots... Any chance of pics?
Old     (sparkmonster)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
I think he is wearing the boots above but he said he cant post pictures of them yet
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-31-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
how does it compare to the Marius?? I've been on the 140 for this past season and I love it. The only thing is it's such a unique ride that if I broke it and rode something else then the learning curve to shred that new board would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Having never ridden the faction, I would like to know. Someone chime in please