Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-20-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
Where can I buy just the inserts for tower speaker clamps? I need to go from 1 7/8" to 1 5/8". Help a brotha out.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
monstertower.com

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
As far as I know monster tower only sells inserts to fit their tower clamps. I looked around for a while w/o any luck. You'll either need to have them made somwhere or figure something else out...your only talking about a 1/4 inch. I used some black weatherstripping they use on the bottom of garage doors.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
if they are the smooth on the inside clamps then i dont think weather stripping will work.sounds like you will have about an 1/8" all the way around. Try to find a small sheet of 3/16" rubber. Thats what i used on my Raul clamps when i moved everything over to my mew smaller tower.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
The weather stripping I used (garage door) is a rubber material. My clamps are smooth inside, I haven't had any type of movement on mine. Ideally if you could find some of those old twist off grippers ( like when a jar is hard to open) Those would work great.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-20-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
- Rubber inserts
- Velcro / fuzzy side
- Pipe insulation / rubber / foam
- Camper truck & bed Weatherstripping

Lzy
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-20-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm not sure if weatherstripping or rubber would work.
I've tried duct tape(really) wrapped a couple times, but the top of the tower is somewhat curved on the top and it did actually slide down. I think hard plastic would work the best if I could find the exact diameter that I need.