Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    atom_ant            07-06-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Ok, if this has happened to anyone else let me know. Everyone is on the end of our dock Sunday night shooting off fireworks and I'm just sitting about halfway down the dock when all of a sudden something knocks the hell out of my head! I put my hand on it and look and its covered with blood? I had no clue what hit me, all I can guess is maybe some fireworks trash that fell. On top of mass bleeding it broke my sunglasses. Any other stories?
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-07-2004, 12:09 AM Reply   
Wow that sux, coulda been a meteor? Worth a lot of money if you track it down...Could pay for those glasses and a new house :-) Or it could have been frozen poo from a plane, but hope for the space rock :-)
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
i always thought about something like that happening or the fireworks debree shooting into other boats. i hope you are alright mang!
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-07-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
The God's Must Be Crazy
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
are you saying that a coke bottle may have been involved???
Old    atom_ant            07-07-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
coke bottle? maybe..?
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-07-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
You need to go on a quest and give it back.
Old    jack_cheese            07-07-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
My roomate and his girlfriend were watching fireworks on our campus and she got hit right beside her nose with a piece from a firework. It is about as big around as a quarter and about 3/8 inch thick, but fairly light. I think it is used to keep the powder packed in the firework or something. It left a mark like someone scratched her pretty good. Me and my other two roomates got a kick out of it cause she gets on our nerves, you know the situation: one of our best friends starts dating a girl who is cool at first but then she is always there and gets real controlling and ruins our friend and he never does anything without her and shes not even cool anymore. Thats all I got.
Old    warlock00            07-07-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
My brothers gave his wife a roman candle to shoot, and when it was done she decided she wanted another one. So she goes to the stash and pulls out a bottle rocket instead(all with nobody watching). She lites it up and holds it in her hand. The thing starts spraying out the bottom and we hear a scream, still doesn't let go, then BANG the thing blows up and sparks go everywhere. Pretty funny stuff after we found out she was ok...guess that will teach her to go digging through fireworks that are not hers.
Old    bigd            07-07-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Could have been a bullet that some idiot shot in the air. If that is the case you are lucky to be alive.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-07-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
Big D - That is exactly what I was thinking.
Old    mr_mutt            07-07-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
yeah, would have to be something pretty massive to do that. Debris from a firework are usually paper or small pieces of light wood and wouldn't have that kind of forceful impact on your head. Sorry to hear that, I was thinking it could be a bullet too...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
No kidding, you are lucky. It would almost have to be a bullet - good call Big D.

Jack Cheese, !
Old     (gnarkill)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Wow, all I have to say is Florida. By any chance did you hear a “Get’er done”, or “Gow’on get” in the background? That would led me to believe that there were Hillbillies involved, more than likely fighting over a sister and in a drunken stupor hearing fireworks may have caused him to believe he was under fire and fearing for his safety and the safety of his sister fired up a couple of his own warning shots, you may have been the barefooted neighbor who was struck down by this lack of brain power. My best advise is get out of Florida.

Old    mxrcr885            07-08-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
Yea me and a few friends were having to much fun with some sparkler bombs....but the one he made kinda turned into a blow torch and almost lit his house on fire....i gota really good laugh outa that
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-08-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
Alex,
Same thing happened to me and my friends.
Old    mstar            07-09-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
two years ago my entire family was camping up in the mountains of nc and it was a very dry summer. we were setting off some rockets and one went into the sky and just stopped mid air. we were all wondering what the heck was going on until we saw tree after tree catch on fire. turns out we were aiming it right for a mountainside. oops. luckily it was a patch of isolated trees so it all ended pretty quickly, but it was deffinitely a scary feeling
Old    mnboarder            07-09-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Funny this came up. Just last night I got into a Mexican stand-off with one of my friends. We each got two bottle rockets, faced each other and the other guy wasn't allowed to move. I think the argument had something to do with wakeboarding technique (he doesn't understand the concept of "popping" off the wake). Anyway there was a good amount of distance between us so neither of us scored a hit but it was enough to get the heart pumping. It's amazing what kind of stupid Sh&* you come up with after a 12 pack of beer.