Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-20-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
It's 40 degrees outside and only going to get colder from now on. Getting ready to winterize the boat and already going through surfing withdrawals.

I just have to say when we bought our boat two years ago it was to wake
board. I loved to wb and so did my daughter and my son was a bonified wakeboard junkie. So we buy the boat, because you can't be a real wakeboarder unless you have one lol and oh yeah we heard of this thing called wake surfing too. So we decide to run to our local watersports store and and buy a hyperlite broadcast so we can try this "surfing thing" when the water is too rough to board. Well it was a definite help that the boat had already been outfitted with some extra sacs in addition to the stock ballast and propped as well. The first time i threw in the rope i was totally hooked. Long story short my daughter and I have officially retired from wakeboarding at all and we are full time surfers. My son hasn't boarded since the 4th of july and he says he's a surfer now too. We are all totally hooked and in love with the sport. This isn't a bash at all against wakeboarding just a comment on how much we love to surf.

My off season plans include more sacs and a couple of new boards because we are a divided family between surf and skim style (if we really even have a style yet). We love it all and really enjoy watching and reading about the sport on WW!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-20-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Steve,

Great looking boat in your profile. Your family and mine sound very similiar. We have been boating for 5 years now and over the last 2 years I have bought 2 Epic 23V's. We thought you had to have an inboard to be safe to really wakeboard, then fell in love with surfing which you can't do with an I/O. So now 3 of my 4 (the 4th is only 3 yrs old) surf. My oldest still wakeboarded some this year but really fell in love with surfing. Next year we hope to get her to do it ropeless but we'll see. She is 9 and then my 7 year old wouldn't get in the water last year on a board. Then this year we show him surfing and he struggles and struggles for a month then one day, bam he gets up and now I can't get him off! He wants to be the first one in and last one out. Heck it is really really cold here already and boat is winterized and yesterday he says "dad when can we surf again" So yeah, we love surfing and it is just amazing family time. We too will be using Xmas to buy another board or two even.

Love watching the surfing vids here, especially the superman tries....that is just amazing!

Last edited by ScottR; 10-20-2011 at 8:23 AM. Reason: cuz
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-21-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Oct. 13th was my last time out (water temp 52 degrees, air temp was 53 degrees) at least I had a great ride, and only had to put on a shorty.