Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
My trim tab (wake plate) on my 07 SSV has stopped working. It was working intermittently over the winter, and was doing the same thing on sat, but now it won’t move up or down. The gauge is fine, and I hear the motor moving but the plate is not moving. The hydraulic fluid appears to be a normal level (filled about ¾ or more of the way), although there is no level indicator on the reservoir. Something else strange is when you set the smart plate to auto on the “perfect pass” a relay clicks then the motor moves, this repeats until you flip it back to manual. It’s a pulsing sound. Relay click, motor move, relay click, motor move, ect… It’s under warranty but I don’t want to have to take the boat off the lift and run it to the dealer just for this if I don’t’ have to. The plate is stuck all the way down and makes the rough water ride horrible. I have to ride across the lake to get to a riding spot. Is there a way to manually move it?

I tried the gauge recalibration noted in the manual…that did nothing. What is the system diagnostics check that you can ruin thru the info center display in the dash instrument cluster?

After about 4 hours on the boat the breaker that controls the trim tab popped for no apparent reason???
}
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-17-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Adam, I had one of the pistons go out on my wakeplate on my 24. It was causing the wakeplate to leak the fluid and would not move at all. That may be a place to start?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
No fluid is leaking.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
make sure the fluid level is correct. Call the dealer for the correct level
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2008, 12:47 AM Reply   
Sounds like a wire connection or problem with one of the solenoid valves on the pump. Here is a link for Bennett trim tabs. Hope this helps and yes you will probably have to take it in. http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trouble.htm
Old     (skireel)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
sounds like you should have bought a Tige'!!!!!
Just pocking at ya you newly wed you.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-21-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem on my 2000 Tige that I worked on last week. Can you get the hydrolic arm off of the boat and plate? On mine, one arm was just locked up. I took it off, and where the hydrolic line normally goes in, I put an airhose. I just applied some bursts of air, and eventually I got it to loosen up. It works perfect now. The thing to be careful of is the wire that runs the gauge. Remove the arm from the fiberglass carefully.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
wouldnt the 07 be a warranty deal still? Why mess with it if it can be free to fix
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-24-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
don, my boat sits on my lift almost year round , and it's just a pain to deal with taking it up to the dealer. If I can fix myself, I will try. I can get the parts from my dealer under warranty. My last resort is to take it to my dealer.

SS, I will try that this week.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-24-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
I hear ya. I never think of that because I trailor everywhere. I know what you mean though. If I was in your situation, I would do the same thing.