Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (harmonizers)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-26-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
How do you remove the platform (teak) on a X-2? The edge sets flush with transom and is under the lip. It is impossible after removing the pins to pull the platform straight up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Merry Christmas
c
Old     (ridersdad)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-26-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
sounds like the dealer did not leave you enough room. The platform should be 1 1/2" from the transom when it is in the ready position. If it is against the hull it will not lift/come off. Assuming it is a 2007. 2008 is different again
Old     (harmonizers)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-26-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
it is a '06 model; it must come off because they somehow got it on, unless they secured the metal braces then added the wood, like you would lay a deck or wooden floors. i can only lift the platform about a quarter of an each before it jams, leaving about 2 more inches before it can clear the apex of the slant in the transom.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       12-27-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
Yes, the dealer has to assemble the wood to the metal brakets. They hang the brakets on the boat then screw the teak on to them. My 06 x2 had the same problem as yours, the teak was to close to the hull and would not come off. I removed the screws, moved the teak about 1 inch away from the hull then screwed it back to the brackets. If the teak is that close to the hull the teak can hit the hull when a roller lifts the teak.

The 2008 x2 has pivoting hinges so the teak swings down out of the way and is easy to take off.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-27-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
and how much did you guys pay for your Mastercrafts? And you still have to remove the screws and reposition?
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       12-27-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
Ken, nice to meet you too.

What does how much we paid for a mastercraft have to do with a dealer or individual placing the teak to close to the hull. 06 was the first year for the new x2 design, due to the hull design the teak needed to be placed farther away from the hull than on past models.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be happy for someone that has a boat even if it happens to be a different brand.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-27-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Nice thought, WPS. But you forget, this is WW, home of vicious boat wars.

MC (or one of their dealers) did something similar on my 94 205 too. The teak was so close to the glass, I couldn't even get a transom strap thru the gap. When I asked the dealer about it, he gave me the line of bull about not needing a transom strap. After witnessing an accident where a boat shifted off the trailer, I moved the teak & started using transom straps.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-28-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
WPS nice to meet you too
I just get blown away that after you spend that much money on a boat once you get home you have to start removing screws and repositioning things. Mastercraft sound like a BIG WASTE of money to me. But hey maybe that's just me, i don't have extra time or money to throw away.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-28-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
So a careless dealer makes a mistake on one boat and all Mastercrafts are a BIG WASTE of money. Please elaborate. I am sure Sangers don't have any issues from the company or their dealers. And yes, before you check I own a Mastercraft.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-28-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Well that's not the first Mastercraft dealer i've of things like happening and yes i do own a Sanger and i'm sure i paid half the price that you did and no (knock on wood) i have not had any problems or had to bring back to the dealer for any reason. So yes i am very happy with my boat. I just thought it was strange that after you pay so much money for a boat that you would have to come home and fix things that should have been taken care of straight from the dealer. My bad i shouldn't have bashed and said that they are a big waste of money, maybe i'm just jealous. Just thought it was strange
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-28-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I don't want to start a war, but I would expect you to hear more bad things about mastercraft than sanger based on numbers. I have no idea how many boats sanger sells, but you would have to look at "issues" in a percentage of boats produced to get a fair comparison.

As for my experience. My dad's 1985 Mastercraft has never been to back to the dealer in the 22 years he has owned it. My 2006 X1 never went back to the dealer and never had any issues. My short run with my nautique didn't give me any issues.

The bottom line is that the boat ships without the platform attatched and the dealer botched the job.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       12-28-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Ken thanks for reminding me why I don't post much on this site. Charles ask for help about removing his teak deck so I thought I would reply with some helpfull information.

Your response was for what reason? "and how much did you guys pay for your Mastercrafts? And you still have to remove the screws and reposition?" That has nothing to do with his post, guess you just want to bash someone who doesn't have the same boat as you.

I picked the boat up at the factory so in this case I put the teak deck on to close on my 06.

I attached some pics of my 2008 x2.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-28-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I had an 06 x-1 that the platform was too close and it scuffed the crap out of the hull. I couldn't figure out where the scuffs were coming from for the longest. It took a lot of buffing to get them out and yes I was pissed.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-28-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I saw on the 08's the platforms are on some kind of hinge set up. You lift up and pull back and the platform folds down. It only takes one person to do it. Very cool option for the people who put their boats in a garage.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-28-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
The only issue with the folding platforms is that it still adds 7-8 inches when folded. I had to order mine with the old style because I need that 7-8 inches. They definately look and function nice though if you can spare the 7-8 inches.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       12-28-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Yes the 08 hinges down out of the way. I have plenty of room in my garage but it makes it real easy to clean also. When the deck swings down it is several inches away from the hull. Plenty of room to wash and wax the hull that is right behind the deck in it's normal position. Plus like Aaron said one person can swing it down and also remove it.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-28-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Let it go WPS i already stated that i may have misspoken with that big waste of money comment. I've already forgotten about it, you must have nothing to do if you are brewing about this. Wow your boat is impressive. Is that what you wanted me to say? I still say if you are spending 60,00 -70,000 on a boat there should be no reason you should have to take screws of to make something fit
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ken the dealer did it, has nothing to do with MC.
At least you have to take screws out of an MC unlike the wooden Sanger where they just fall out by themselves. J/K
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-31-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Good one Billy
now i am going to have to kick your butt j/k
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       12-31-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Ken must have a really bad MC dealer he knows in his area and in his mind all MC dealers in the world are bad, it must be a small mind I ment world. I have only had dealings with 4 mastercraft dealers 3 are fantastic and one sucks. I never go to the one that sucks anymore.

I'm board this afternoon waiting to go to a party so I searched some of Ken's other helpfull post like the ones he made here.

"aren't most MC dealers. I think they are all that way because they charge so much for their boats and they think they can treat you anyway they want. Even though i do like Mastercrafts i would never buy one just because of the way they treat you."

"either way $100K or $115K that is still WAY TOO much for a wakeboard boat" he was talking about a MC.

Ken you seem to have a problem with the cost of other peoples boats. Have you ever studied economics, there is something called supply and demand. Several boat Companies sell all they can make given their situation. The market will set the price of boats, if they are to high no one will buy them, if they sell all they can make the price will move up. I'm an Engineer not a Econimist but I thought I would try to pass on some more useful information.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-31-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
WPS now i no why you never go to this site also YOU TAKE THINGS WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. This is a forum to post your opinions, and the comments i posted are my OPINIONS if you do not agree then do not read them. I have only posted comments/opinions that i feel fit. So my experience with Mastercraft isn't as good as yours well good for you. I'm sure i also don't look like i am ready to spend $80,000 on a boat so i think they don't even bother with me. Kind of the same thing if you go into a Mercedes dealership in sweats and a tshirt. I bet my bottom dollar that nobody will talk to you either. Again these are just my opinions so if you don't agree _ _ _ _ off. For anyone else reading this beside WPS i apologize