Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-23-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
06 v-ride, appears the preload tension on the tower is tighten all the way. With speakers and racks on tower is is awful heavy. Anyone have had this problem? Want to modify to make more tension. Anyone done this with any luck?
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-23-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
So YOu have the nut all the way in? If so mabey you can double up the springs, or get a stronger spring.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
I was able to modify the tensioners to achieve the results that i wanted to lift it by myself. Works great now.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-24-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
did you just tighten the nut more?
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
No, I pulled the spring out, removed the aluminum end cap, drilled out hole larger to let eyelet where the spring connects to the adjustment bolt slide through the aluminum end cap about .75 inch more putting more tension on the springs. Had to installed a oversized spacer and washer to help aid adjustment. Let me know and maybe I can draw a diagram. Should have taken pictures.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
WOW thats a lot more than tighting a nut. How long did it take and is it a 2 man job?
gwnkids@yahoo.com
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
took me about 1.5 hours and I did it alone.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Ok, I drew a diagram. If you loosen the tension nut untill you can remove the spring from the cable, the aluminum end cap on the tension asymbly will come out as in diagram. As you can see in the before drawing the eyelet that the spring connects to that adjusts will only adjusted till fully seated on the jam nut at the end of the eyelet. If you remove this nut and drill out aluminum collar so the eyelet can travel into the collar plus install a spacer that will fit over the eyelet end so the tension nut can be tighten all the way till the eyelet is flush with the aluminum collar. This added about .75 inch more adjustment on my v-ride. Helps enough so I can lift by myself will the 2 racks, and bimini on the tower. Modify with tower up. Hardest part is getting to the tensioner nut. I removed the 2 carpeted panels behind the rear seat in the storage compartments to make is easier. Let me know if this helps.Upload
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-25-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
scotter your profile picture is very nice
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Looks good, I am going to give it a go after the game