Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-23-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
I just installed 2 Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9s on my tower, powered by a 200 watt Planet Audio Amp..

Although it doesnt seem like the "nicest" setup, this was loud, I mean vey loud.. my wife and kids in the boat were blown away.. they had to plug their ears because it was sooo loud.

So i got behind the boat to do some boarding and my wife hit the tunes and it was pretty damm loud, I can hear the music clear and perfect.

so my question is.. How can I listen to music while I board and have everyone else in the boat comfortable with the music level?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
Are you serious????

Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
i doubt they are hearing the loudness from the tower speakers. so if your speakers in the boat are on a seperate amp you can turn down the gain on that amp. or depending on how your amp is wired you might beable to use the fader if your boat speakers are on the front chanel and your tower speakers are on the rear channel. it alldepends on how you have evrything wired to the head unit.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
Why does that sound not serious?

I have the inside boat speakers running just off the head unit, the tower speakers are running off a seperate toggle switch with the amp. Honestly its hard to even hear the inside speakers before I installed the tower ones. S

So are you guys saying you are not hearing your tower speakers inside the boat?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
well on my boat they do add some clarity and volume to the inside of the boat but if i only had my tower speakers playing when i was riding the in cabin passengers wouldn't hear the music at a high volume. but it also depends on where the top of your tower is located if your speakers are sitting somewhere above the windshield they might hear them but on my boat the tower sits back farther towards the rear. maybe that is why they can hear your speakers on the tower.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
good point.. Ya, mine are right above the winshield so everyone is pretty much sitting behind them. The only thing that helps out alot is when the bimini is up, but I have a 7 f00t bimini that covers most of the back.. but with the bimini down, its just insane loud

I did notice as well that the tower speakers add clarity.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hey Isaac how about filling in some of your profile like your boat and your age so we(maybe) know who we are speaking with?? I dont have my set-up fully tweaked but im running a 800 watt amp and 4 6X9's and i wouldnt say its insane loud, just loud inside the boat.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
ok updated.. just WW keeps freezing whenever I try attaching pics...

Ill try a little a later and update the profile...

here is a link to the pic of the boat:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d724b3127cce9450963c67d800000016108AbNmzhm4Ysq

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d724b3127cce945084f4e62900000016108AbNmzhm4Ysq