Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-19-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
What can I do to make it quit raining here in KY? i got a new tower for my boat a month ago and installed it myself. Also got some speakers put on the tower and a new HU. Havent been able to take the boat to the lake because of the high water due to the rain. Green river lake has been as much as 23' above summer pool which puts most ramps under water.... the lake is filth with season ending injuries floating everywhere. Man this sucks just needed to vent!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-20-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Please send it here to Central Texas....running out of water quick! It's dropped 13 FEET in two months!
Attached Images

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-20-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
Kat - Please contact the MO/AR Army Corps of Engineers. Maybe the can divert the 40 foot above full pool water from Bull Shoals or Tablerock. This is the bridge in Kimberling City, MO and normally there is at least 45 - 50 feet between the water surface and the decking of the bridge. Crazy down there right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlY1Z9w6q7o&NR=1

Last edited by jmuthafnp; 05-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-20-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuthafnp View Post
Kat - Please contact the MO/AR Army Corps of Engineers. Maybe the can divert the 40 foot above full pool water from Bull Shoals or Tablerock. This is the bridge in Kimberling City, MO and normally there is at least 45 - 50 feet between the water surface and the decking of the bridge. Crazy down there right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlY1Z9w6q7o&NR=1
Wow, CRAZINESS everywhere! My mom just got here last night from Memphis & you've heard about their flooding. It's hard to believe that it's raining all around us, but we keep getting zilch! With all this technology and we don't have ways to move water from one place to another...we need some pipelines!!
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-20-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegoose23 View Post
What can I do to make it quit raining here in KY? i got a new tower for my boat a month ago and installed it myself. Also got some speakers put on the tower and a new HU. Havent been able to take the boat to the lake because of the high water due to the rain. Green river lake has been as much as 23' above summer pool which puts most ramps under water.... the lake is filth with season ending injuries floating everywhere. Man this sucks just needed to vent!
I feel your pain man, I board at KY Lake because we have a camper there but we have had to pull our camper out with all this flooding and still aren't back in. I guess I could just go in the backyard?
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-21-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
yeah tell me about it. I guess as long as my house is dry then i shouldnt complain.. there are alot of unfortunate people that have been affected in ways worse than not being able to wakeboard.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-22-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
Current weather patterns suck. Poor guy on the Moomba Forum lost everything he had except his boat due to on of the twisters that have sprung up. I feel for anyone that has to go though that.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=14685
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-22-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Ughhhh we have the exact opposite problem in MN, constant rain, for days and days. Its rained something like 16 of the last 20 days!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-22-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
Kat, is that Lake Travis? Belton Lake is only down 3 ft but weekend traffic on the water is bad unless you get out before noon. Weekday water is great.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-22-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
Hey AJ,

We are on the Pedernales River, which feeds Lake Travis. We can't seem to get any rain & with a constant level lake above and below Lake Travis, it doesn't take long for the levels to drop significantly. We are still riding and if you find the right wind protection, get good water even on the weekends. All but one boat ramp (in the immediate area) are closed due to the drought, so the lake traffic is much lower than normal.

http://www.golaketravis.com/news.php?id=1959

Last edited by wakekat15; 05-22-2011 at 6:53 PM.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-23-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Had 4 inches of rain in just the last 2 days - you can We have have it.
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-23-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegoose23 View Post
yeah tell me about it. I guess as long as my house is dry then i shouldnt complain.. there are alot of unfortunate people that have been affected in ways worse than not being able to wakeboard.
Yea no kidding. I spent a lot of late April helping people sandbag their homes, and there were still many that were completely flooded. Looks like we are on the way back up now though. I finally made it up to the lake this weekend. Didn't get to wakeboard though.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
Suppose to get four more inches this week too. Usually we start riding late march here in ky. Lake was 47 feet above summer pool. Ramps are completely underwater and I didn't get to out my boat in till last weekend. Now the lake is rising a again may be a few more weeks till it returns to normal.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2011, 4:30 AM Reply   
Kat,
What are you doing in Texas???
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrivermike View Post
Kat,
What are you doing in Texas???
LOL, relocated with the job to Austin....it's where we want to be, so it's a move we are happy about! See you @ Nationals??
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-25-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Few hours North in Ohio isn't much better. Picture of 18' above full pool, with ramps sticking out way far in the water. 25' at one point. Drops 1' a day if no rain, but that's not happening
Attached Images

Old     (CarolinaGirl)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-25-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Please send it here to Central Texas....running out of water quick! It's dropped 13 FEET in two months!
Wow Kat! I can't believe how far out they have moved the dock! Are y'all swimming to the boat now? Congrats on your win in Orlando, meant to msg you when I saw that weeks ago! Let's get together again soon when you all are around!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
Wow Kat! I can't believe how far out they have moved the dock! Are y'all swimming to the boat now? Congrats on your win in Orlando, meant to msg you when I saw that weeks ago! Let's get together again soon when you all are around!
Ha Ha...yes, swimming or kayaking to the dock these days! Thanks, Elisabeth! Let's ride soon...I owe you a couple of pulls minus the 30 mph winds! I need to add that to my wish list...yes for rain, lose the wind!!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-25-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
I live in Houston and we have had ZERO rain since January and it is our rainy season. Luckily I am not running out of water because I am conected to the Gulf, but the water at my house is usually fresh.--They caught a shark just out of my back yard!! The water is as salty as the beach.

And then there is the wind.....It never stops.

It has been a tough year for riding on the Texas Gulf Coast, but it sounds like it is worse in some places.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
How is your water level Kacy? I hope you are getting to ride now!

Based on the rate we are losing water (downstream) and the forecast of no rain in our near future, our season will be over in another 6 to 8 weeks:
Attached Images

Old     (Poison)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-17-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Man I feel for the OP. I grew up in C-ville. I remember 10 or 15 years ago the water got so high that Lone Valley was completely under water. I remember swimming out and standing on top of the roof over the picnic grounds. That stuff may not even be there anymore...showing my age. I miss Green River Lake.

We can't get any rain in Louisiana. My grass is over with.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-18-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
I think there's been too much rain and sun dances going on, we need to work together!