Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-01-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
So the winter projects are wrapping up and I finally have some tower speakers. Opted for the Wetsounds 3-Some, and man, do these things scream! I will post pics later of the setup...

I put my tower speaker amp on an accessory switch so I can turn them off if we are just hanging out in the boat.

So for all of you guys with huge systems and especially ones with HLCD tower setups, what is proper etiquette for using your tower speakers? Im not trying to get the whole world pissed at me for listening to music while I ride.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-01-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
i dont think its a big deal when you ride. thats what the speakers are there for. now if youre in the five mile per hour zone and blasting it around the docks then yea some ppl might get mad. But when riding, blast it so you can use what you paid for.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-01-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
Don't blast them around lots of houses. Especially early/late and especially if people live there as opposed to vacation
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-01-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever gotten any complaints or tickets from their systems?
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-01-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
we were sitting at the beach and this guy with a malibu 25 lsv came and parked backward and starts blasting music and it really pissed up off. so if you dont want to get the world pissed at you make sure and be considerate to others.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
I think common sense is the best thing for these systems. You can hear them a great distance on the water and I utilize mine when in an area to not bother others. If we don't use discretion, then loud systems will get a bad rep real quick.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-01-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
we got told to turn ours down at the waterfall up at Lake Don Pedro (party spot on Pedro) by a couple of sheriffs. But I think it was just cuz we were in a confined area with a lot of people... other than that they usually dont care. Most people ask to turn it up. lol
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-01-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
yeah the water fall is highly confined and doesn't take much volume to resonate throughout that place but i love the stereo wars there
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-02-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Charley you up there a lot during the summer? If so you've probably seen us. We always have our pontoon boat and black mastercraft x-9 out there.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-02-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Just bump some yanni so no one takes you seriously, then ease it into something more to your liking.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have a noise problem with my paper boy and my tolerance is running thin. He must party all night then run his route but his schedule is definitely not the same as mine.

The point is that while it may seem OK to you, your never know if your offending people who are typically tolerant.

If I had boat/boats running by with loud music all the time, it would get a little annoying also. Even if I liked the music it will sound awful if your not on board.

There's a saying in the dirt bike community that lower decibels increases your riding area. This is also true with boats.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-02-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I got disorderly conduct $150 dollar ticket/no warning 2 years ago for blasting music, so now i only blast if im at the river or some other big lake
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-02-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
I pretty much just run it loud when I have a boarder behind me. What gets my goat is the guy who comes into the cove when there are lots of families around and starts playing his rap mucis with tons of F bombs.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-02-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
personally i like blasting country. Redneck Yacht Club is a definate favorite
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I was wondering this same thing seeing that i just invested in a pair of NVS 1010s. I like my music loud but i dont want to p*** anybody off, especailly families with little kids.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-02-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
What's on the lake shore where you can crank a stereo? Is it vacant national park land or something similar?

Where I live, the lake shore is full of private homes. Many people have high end wake boats with speakers, etc., but no body cranks the stereo. Perhaps it is an unwritten rule of respecting the neighborhood, but I've only heard a stereo once. We also travel to several other lakes and have experienced the same thing, no stereos cranked.

That's why I'm wondering what the shoreline is like where you can crank it.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-02-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
just dont be that lame ass that has his tower speakers on and no one behind him. i hate thoes guys. hey look at me. im cooool
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2007, 11:07 PM Reply   
I like hearing your Bob Marley as much as you like smelling my farts.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
The police on our lake will hit you with a $250.00 dollar ticket if the can hear your stereo while at idle more than a 1/4 of a mile away. As long as you turn it down when your not on plane, your following reasonable etiquette in my book.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
whats wrong with bob marley? gotta love bob marley. best chill music out there
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
That's the thing... chances are the boat next to you doesn't like your choice of noise ;)
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
this is true... but you know everything sounds better on the water... everything is better on the water now that i think about it... am i right?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
So if you have a rider behind you boat its OK to blast out the houses. But if you dont have a rider your a A HOLE I get it its the rider behind your boat that makes it ok to blast out the houses and other boats. I thought The CORE riders didnt need sound so you shouldnt be blasting when you have a rider behind your boat if you wann be CORE.

And whats up with the People that buy a house on the lake and complaine about noise. WTF the lake was there way befor you bought or built that house. People like this are a joke. Its like the people that build or buy a house at the end of a runway at the airport and then complain about the plane's taking off. LOL I just kidding. But seriously. People on the water like the noise of your crappy music. Joe Mitchel says he wants everyone at the spring ride to come by his house at 4 in the nmoring and try out your new HCLD tower speakers pointed directley at his bedroom facing the lake. He said that he would love to take a listen to all types of systems and the later at night the better (joe is a real Nigh Owl). If you need directions to his place just let me know.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
"G"

That's it! Your going back to naps in the afternoon little fella. Six in the evening, and your obviously way over tired.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Dude... Just let the music play!!Crank it! F--it what anyone thinks.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
2 diffrent senarios.
#1 A boat full of hot chicks blasting music and getting all crazy= OK
#2 A boat full of guy's blasting music = "Turn it down you A-hole's"
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-03-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
G,I have not been on here much lately looks like you have been busy. Have you completed your flyers for the sound off in front of your new place on saturday nite at the spring ride .If anybody needs directions email me it starts at 2 am.Beleive it people its been done before lol lol...
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
what grant said is totally true. Theres a mastercraft on the river we ride on with wetsound 485s and its always full of dudes (only guys too) blaring their music without a rider most of the time just sitting at the dock, theyre so lame.
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-05-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
On my lake, idling through the congested area where everyone anchors and hangs out with music blaring from tower speakers is a really good way to get have beer bottles thrown at you. I haven't done it because i dont drink on the water and i really dont feel have having my old a$$ stomped. But Alabama rednecks have the tendency to get pretty rowdy when beer's involved. Now if its Toby Keith or Craig Morgan playin, thats a whole nother story.