Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    chingui77            08-08-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
ok i am slowly progressing, i can get outside of the wake. then i cleared the wake and now im in a rut. every time i land either in the flats or on the downslope of the wake, the board wabbles, slides, the rope goes loose and i end up leaning way back and falling on my ass or the rope tightens really quickly and my balance is thrown way off. any sugestions? is there something i need to do to keep the rope taught as i land or is this something i just have to keep doing until i get it right and get the feel for it? thanks.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
dude, what kind of board are you riding? Are you riding finless?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
when you land, it's not the best habit to form, but let go w/ your trailing hand. also as randy said, maybe you need a more stable board at first -- good luck and let us know how it goes...
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Do you continue to edge out after you land?
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-08-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
IMO... Edge heelside when you land and keep the handle close to your hips.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-08-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
Land on edge and maintain you direction across the wake. Many beginner try to land flat and in the direction of the boat.
Old    chingui77            08-09-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
i am not riding finless. i am landing flat but pointing in the same direction kind of perpendicular to the boat and trying land heal down. how do you land on the edge without digging the board into the water? so if im hearing you guys i need to lean back healside and backedgeside so im kind of edging the board against the direction of the boat when i land? is that right?
Old     (bdaddy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-09-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
When you're edging through the wake you're in a seated position. Maintain that position in the air (don't get pulled out of it). Automatically, you'll be on edge when you land with the rope tight.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
u dont nececarilly need to be edging when u land but you do need to have the board pointing in the direction you are going.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2006, 2:56 AM Reply   
Keep the rope in close to your lead hip while in the air or youll be pulled off axis and cause you to land off balance. Once you land you can let go with one hand to do your cowboy immitation to keep your balance.