Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                07-26-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm a 20 year old female just starting out, anybody know some good places to ride?
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
north or south?
Old                07-27-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
If your in SoCal, you are more than welcome to come ride with me. We normally go to the San Vicente Resevoir. It's fresh water, and it doesn't smell weird. I haven't been riding that long, and we have a really good crew, so there are always people to ride with... and to help you learn anything you want.

Feel free to email me.

-jesi
Old                07-27-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, check out Lake New Melones, Lake Don Pedro... all in Tuolomne County. Check out Bullards Bar its on the way after Marysville. Its really california's best kept secret. Good luck on wakeboarding! We need more girls like you out there.. hell yeah! Later
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
If you like to get 'high' try Big Bear Lake (altitude 6,700 ft. ). Great water, glass in the AM and sometimes in late eve. My wife is probably the only woman on a board up there so ladies need to represent. It's about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Los Angeles. Alternate spot is Castaic Lake. Also check out this site for more on the CA lakes:

http://www.california-recreation.com/lakemaps.html
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
In northern Cali (I am in Sacramento) we go anywhere from Oroville, Bullards, the sacramento river, lake berryessa, and the delta/discovery bay. It usually depends on who we are going with and if we are going on a weeknight it is usually the river because we are like 5 minutes away.... My personal favorite would be Bullards but too many people know about it now and it is a pretty small lake.

Amber
Old                07-29-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
I am moving to the Sacramento area Early Sept. I am 23 F looking for a few riders who wouldnt mind another person in the boat. I will chip in for gas. Just want to meet people and ride :-)
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
Hey Melissa I am always looking for girls that ride also in sac. because pretty much I am always the only one unless it is there 1st time riding... I am 24 and wouldn't say I am anything great but I am learning. Send me an email and maybe when you move out here you can come out with us (me, my hubby and his friends) we actually just bought a new boat that will be here in 2 weeks so I can't wait.... MB B-52
It would be nice to have another female who likes to ride also!

aebel@surewest.net
Old                07-30-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
hey amber- I took down your email adress and i will contact you as soon as i get out there, cant wait. Thanks for the offer
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Melissa, I go to UC Davis, kinda close to Sac, and I go riding in the Delta. Just seeing if you'd be down to come along sometime, I try to go most weekends with friends from school, and its always nice meeting new folks to ride with, esp WakeWorlders haha :-)
Old                08-10-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hey girls I typically ride out of Discovery Bay on the Delta! If your ever down shoot me an email (you can get that from my profile) and maybe we can all get together!
Old                10-10-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
I just found this sight tonite and I love it! I think it its awesome so many girls are out there boarding. We just got a boat and are trying to find some 'serious' (meaning you won't flake 'cause you have to go the mall instead) people to come out with us. Anyone interested drop me a line...BTW Roseville area.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
finding serious people is always a challenge for me for some reason! I actually intentionally overbook my day trips up to 10 or 11 people because there are always 1-4 cancellations (due to hangovers, can't find their car, or other stupid stuff haha), so it ends up with like 6-9 people :-)
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-19-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
Amber - If you are looking for another girl to ride w/ I live in Sac and just started riding this last year. I have yet to ride w/ another girl, but think it would be fun. If your interested shoot me an e-mail sometime.
Old     (jones)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-10-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
hi anyone of you guys still riding in the area of san diego? let me know. I'm dying to ride even I just started this year.
Old     (wakeraid)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2005, 2:49 AM Reply   
If your near the Orange County Area im always up for going out with new people.. hit me up! I got everything you need.. all i am looking for is a good vibe and a smile and were set! dylan@socal.rr.com
Old     (jones)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-18-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hi I'm up near OC on Sunday. Let me know if you guys are going.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
Norcal(where i stay)- THe best spots are probably The Delta and Berryessa IMO Shasta and Lake Trinity are some other spots I like....if you are in norcal and ever want a 3rd and 20 bucks towards gas pm me
Old                01-10-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
I'm in Sac too. We're always lookin for a third during the weekdays. We usually ride the Sac river and the Delta on weekends. Keep in touch, we usually have room.
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-11-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Jamie. How have you been? I haven't been out yet this yr but will be hitting it up in Feb. I know Nikki will be up for riding also.
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-31-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Hey Jamie I will def shoot you a message when we start going out this spring, probably around march/april. I just got 2 new boards and new bindings... That is what happens when you go to a boat show and there are too many good deals you can't pass up... :-) I rarely get to ride with any girls most of them flake at the last minute or they go on the boat with us but won't try to ride because they are chicken or something. Does anyone else have that problem?

Amber
Old                02-19-2006, 11:54 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone! I live in Hesperia (up in the high desert) I just started wakeboarding as well and was wondering if anyone was familiar w/ this area? I haven't been to many lakes, just Spring Valley, Silverwood, and then Mojave (out in laughlin).
Old     (wakeboard909)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hi girlies,
Me, and my buddies just moved down to Long Beach and plan on being at Marine Stadium almost every weekend and some Fridays. We are legit guys, a couple fire-fighters and some engineers, you won't be disappointed. We own everything, so if you are looking for a pull, and want to meet some new people, who love to wakeboard and having a good time, drop me a line.
Tim

timothystoll@hotmail.com
Old                05-25-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Girls(and some bro's) looking for w-end rides in norcal sacramento, delta, lake berryessa. Have cash and a cool 12 year old girl learning to ride.Also just tring to make connects w/peeps on boards.
Old     (vooveevoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hi,
My BF and I are new to the area. He doesnt board but is happy to drive. We have an air centurian and area always looking for a third (heck even a forth)
Old     (hyperlite134)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
does anyone ride at pedro or tulloch? i'm pretty much at one of the two every weekend and wouldn't mind an extra head anyone i bring usually wimps out once we get there and have yet to have a fellow female wakeboarder out there..email me if your down summrgrl016@sbcglobal.net