Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-09-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
Whats the best opart of the lake to stay on? We are planning on renting a cabin I havent been there in years.
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
It depends on when you're making the trip. If you wanting smooth water I would go to the eastern side of the lake (Jasper, Curry, or Brushy Creek). Although if you're making the trip pretty soon, it shouldn't matter where you go. The lake hasn't went crazy with jet skiers and tubers yet. As for as nicer areas of the lake I really don't think there is really a bad portion.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
Hi Alex,
We live on Smith Lake on the Walker county side.There are three counties,Walker,Winston & Cullman.We have two marinas close to us Duncan Bridge and Duskin Point that have gas. I would check to see if Rock Creek Marina is open before you stay in that area.Ryan Creek Marina is on the Cullman end.Ryan Creek & Duncan have food available.You might can find some maps of the lake on some of the realtors websites.Try www.justindyar.com I think his site has a lot of info.
Old     (kev88)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-10-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
We have a place on Rock Creek - nice because it's a big area but not on the main channel.

Rock Creek Marina is open - owner is Sammy - great guy and very helpful.

(Message edited by kev88 on May 10, 2008)

(Message edited by kev88 on May 10, 2008)
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Rock Creek Marina is open on Sat. & Sun. not during the week if you are needing gas.I'm not sure if you know someone with a home or not but www.smithlakevacation.com has houses listed for rent.We also have a neighbor with a large house and a boathouse that rents that may not be on your list.
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-10-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
We booked at Sunset Ridge let me know if any of you guys will be on the water May 30-31
Old     (kev88)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-11-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Karen: Rock Creek Marina is open during the week beginning Memorial Day weekend.

Alex: Enjoy!
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Kevin,
That's nice to know, we have heard different reports over the years since I think it has changed ownership or been for sale a few times.The Rock Creek area water is nice, that is where I usually pull boarders to get out of the wind.
Old     (kev88)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-11-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Karen the ownership has been stable since we bought our place 4 years ago - we're about a quarter mile from Rock Creek Marina - red MC X-2 - look for us when you're down our way.....
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-11-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Brushy creek is where we ride at. We have a house in big bear branch east of duncan Bridge. You can always find smooth water there
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       05-12-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
Ren that water is really nice too but that is farther than I usually travel to pull boarders,we did ride up late last summer to see the new developement in your area.Kevin we are out of the mouth of Rock Creek on the Walker county side right in the middle if you venture out on the main body.I usually pull boarders on the side opposite of the Rock Creek marina along the shoreline or farther up past the bridge.
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2008, 11:25 PM Reply   
I'm not quite sure where Rock Creek is in relation to Brushy. I need to look at a map. This will be our first summer on the lake so I am still learning the lake. So far I know the area between gas( Duncan Bridge) and epic water (Brushy Creek) everything a wakeboarder needs. We are going down to our house this weekend and would love to meet some fellow riders to ride with.