Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-06-2003, 11:38 PM Reply   
Well...I've always been pretty interested in video editing, but never tried it before. Until now that is!

The quality is really low (Used MPEGs from a Sony Digital Still camera), but it was fun and I think it turned out semi-decent.

Even if the editing isn't the best...the riding is mind-blowing. Check it out and give me any suggestions on how to make my movies better.

The song over the video is filled with cursing, but I edited it out (Like a radio edit), so it gets a little annoying...but I have the uncensored version floating around too. If foul language bothers you don't check this out http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9210

I just think it's hilarious that a band would even write a song like this...it does get me pumped though and Chris' riding makes it sound even better.
Dan
Old    jakeman            10-07-2003, 1:37 AM Reply   
good job

email me and I can tell u some tricks

late/jake
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-07-2003, 2:01 AM Reply   
Nice job. One thing I noticed was that somebody's head was in the way. That's obviously never a good thing.

If possible, I would put more space in between some of the tricks. Several times I noticed that you faded out of one clip and into another clip where Chris was already mid-jump. In this case, I would add more video in front of Chris' jump so that when the first clip fades into the next, you will be able to see the entire jump.

I LOVED the crash part at the end. I noticed the song was ending but the riding kept going for a second, then there was some dj stuff and everything was sped up. I liked that, and I like seeing Chris crash. Not to take anything away from him cuz he's an amazing rider, but sometimes us crappy riders need to be reminded that even the great riders fall (albeit on a tanny to blind or indie glide).

Why were there 3 other boats in close proximity to chris? It looked like there was always one boat on each side of the wake, and one behind him.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-07-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yea...that's Christopher Stack's Girlfriend's head. She was filming with a real DV camera. I just brought my digital camera for fun, but it was really Christopher's idea to shoot that day. He was trying to get 4 angles (by using 4 cameras) of the same trick and mold them together like a matrix effect or something.

I know what you mean about space, but Chris had so many killer tricks, I would have run out of song. Even the way it is now, I have like 1 or 2 tricks too many after the song ends.

Over the crash segment, I reversed and sped up the song and sped up the footage 200%. It's sad though...Of all that footage, those were the only 5-6 falls and he rode for like an hour! 5-6 falls is like one pass for me!

How do you like the damaged film effect at the end? I was pretty stoked I figured out how to do that. That whole video was just trial and error. I had never edited anything before that.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-07-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
Nice Dan. Cdub is always fun to watch.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-07-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
Dan- I really liked the "damaged film" look at the end. It made it look really cool, and it took me a few seconds to realize what you acutally did. Initially I thought that you just added in that video from somewhere else (like you downloaded it or something), but at the end i realized that you had yourself created that effect. nice!

And yes, chris is amazing. Someday I hope to have enough footage to make a video of only crashes. As of right now, I probably have only 6 or 7 of them, so it could take me awhile haha.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
lol scott. nice job on the video dan. that was an amazing set. is that the original quality of the video? pity if it is since i could have at least maybe mocked up the effect with that!

here's a quick clip of the footage we got:
http://www.deepstructure.net/stuff/cdub_test.wmv

only footage from two of the cameras ended up working out. kimberly's camera died early on and the rear camera footage was too jumpy. we're going to try it again soon hopefully.

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-07-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
Chris thats really cool. Try making the transition last longer so that the fade starts sooner and ends later.

Yeah, I have tried to video from behind and it is pretty tough to keep the camera steady.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-07-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hi Dan:

I'm using the Windoze Media Player on a Mac but I'm getting no video just audio when I play it. What did you compress that puppy with? I haven't had that problem before with a .wmv file. (Don't make me have to watch it on Buffalow's PC ! ! !)
RD
Old    hlboatsnboards            10-07-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
Way off topic here, but did I just see Depswa on Nascar 2004 for PS2? I was like...HOLY SHIZZLE I KNOW THEM!! LOL!!!

Bill

Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-07-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
Hey Dan, Sandro says he has Final Cut for you.

I liked both vids. Chris's will be very interesting. And Dan, leave the bad words in there! Dug on the damaged film look.

Joe

(Message edited by supersport on October 07, 2003)
Old    triplexracing            10-08-2003, 12:06 AM Reply   
who sings that song?
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-08-2003, 1:42 AM Reply   
Chris, I'll send you the original of the BS 180 between the legs. I doubt it'll be good enough resolution. Either way, let me know. The camera automatically turns them into MPEGs and they get a little pixelated.

Rich, are you related to Chris Dykmans some how? I love that song he's riding to in Delta Sessions LOL! Also...am I correct in assuming that you did some of the work on that vid? Your name is familiar...like I saw it in the credits? As for compression...I used the Cinepac Radium codec, or something like that, originally and then sorenson to make it smaller. I'll see if I can make a quicktime file as well and post it to wakepics.

Joe...I have the unedited one up on Wake pics...but you have to find it. I don't want to promote that type of language on a family site if you know what I mean. As for Final cut...I thought it was only on Mac? Am I wrong...If they have it for PC...Hook it up!

Dodge, thats a band called Marz. I think the guys from Korn had something to do with getting them signed? My band was on the WWF Tough Enough II compilation with them, and I thought the song was pretty funny...but cool somewhat. I met one of the guys once, and he was a nice guy surrisingly.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-08-2003, 2:26 AM Reply   
Rich...I guess Wakepics won't let me put up a quicktime file? I can e-mail it if you want, but its 6.5 Mb

Let me know.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-08-2003, 5:11 AM Reply   
Dan:

Yep, I'm Chris's dad and Buffalow's partner in WSC Productions. So you've heard that song before? Actually at this point I've probably heard it more than anyone besides you guys and your crew!! more I've posted a number of QT files on WakePics with no problems. Cdubs is one of my favorite guys so I'd love to ck your vid out!
RD
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-08-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Dan...the full version is better IMHO, the music flowed better and then I understood why you chose that song. (I am slow I guess).
C-Stack...thats a cool concept. Lemme know when you try again, I can have a back-up camera ready. That clip is good quality....
Rich...where can I get that DVD? Any special discounts for the WakeWorld crew?

Thanks, scott
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-08-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
Here you go Rich...let me know if this one works http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9231

For some reason it said wrong file type yesterday? Maybe I accidently didn't click video instead of image?

Yea...Scott, The chopped up version is a little annoying, but I can understand why some people might not like the uncensored one. I originally wanted to put beeps in there, but I couldn't figure a way to do it. How annoying would that have been. Beep, Beep, Blah, Blah, Blah, Beep, mutha Beeper...Etc.

Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-09-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
Rich, thanks for the hook-up! scott
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-09-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
Where can I get my Delta Session copy?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-09-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
What happened to the one I gave you at boardstock? Email me with how many more you need, we just got the load in.

RD