Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yesterday while I was pulling up a rider I noticed a slight hesitation when I pushed down on the throttle, it (ok going to try and type this out) gr slight pause (maybe a second)grrrrrrrrrrr smooth like. I also tried not pulling a rider and it did the same, but it would not do it if I slowly put the throttle down. Other than that it ran smooth as silk...
I was wondering bad gas, throttle cable needs adjusted or should I be thinking something else? "O" she has 192 hours on her (05-V215).

What do you guys think?

(Message edited by ghostrider 2 on August 19, 2007)
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
I doubt it would be the throttle cable. Start looking at it from the gas side. Have you changed the gas filter. It may be restricting the flow. Maybe it is bad gas as you stated. If it only happens when the boat is hot, it might be vapor locked to a small degree.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-19-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
If my boat was struck by lighning, it would hesitate, too.....

192 hrs. If not gas, have you changed the plugs, cap & rotor, yet?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
no cap or rotor, plugs are good. filter was changed at 150 hour mark.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Is it like a big miss then underway as though nothing is wrong? Mine has done it since new and it happens about 1 start out of 20. Over the 500hrs we have on here now I have done all the filters every 50 hrs + done some swap arounds with a friend who has the same motor to see if we could isolate the cause. ECM, wires, distribution, all swapped about with out reducing it. It could be the lifter fuel pump not keeping up with demand under peak load but it does not do it WOT @ max MPH. It is related to load and throttle position but no dice in eliminating it. Now we have just put it down to the crappy gas we get here, it has never let me down but it would be nice to find out for sure what the cause is.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
purr's like a kitten, just only when you engage..curious question when you take yours out of neutral do you have a very small dead spot on the throttle before it actually engages the engine?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
it never did it til recently, I will have her out this weekend and she now has a new tank of gas so my fingers are crossed, but I just want to know just incase it doesn't fix it. Doesn't affet the ride just really freaking annoying!
Old    kidrik            08-19-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Sounds similar, but not as bad, as something I had last season........

Mine would hesitate on take-off, and sometimes during speed. They thought it was the fuel pump at first, but ended up being the small piece connecting the fuel line to the actual tank itself. (fuel intake valve?) Anyway, this piece became loose, and would allow air into the line, causing the "missing" effect.

Hope it's not this..... but it's just something else to check if you can't figure it out?

Good luck.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
never happened during speed. only take off
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Mine hits at about 1500-2000 RPM only when fully loaded with ballast and peeps and only once a day at most.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-19-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Mine does the same thing as well. I think it is something related to the perfect pass. It does it with PP on and It doesn't do it when the PP is off. When my boat was new it would often times die when I chopped the throttle, but it rarely ever does it now.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
I never thought to check with PP on and off. I will have to make sure I try this.