Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-28-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Has anyone used any of these, I am wondering if they are very shakey.. I m sure the rougher water you are in, the worse it is, but I was just wondering if it is smooth enough to get some good footage for a video I am trying to make.. Or is just holdog it in the boat better. Thanks
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-29-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
????
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
nobodys used on of these??
Old     (wakedood)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-04-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Lyle,

I got one last week. Have only been out with it once, but am very happy with it so far. Had some light chop that didn't seem to bother the camera, but haven't had it out in anything rough yet.

FYI, there are posts on this in the boat accessories section, like this one...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/318067.html?1146593811
Old    gcreed            05-04-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey Lyle. I work with Epic Wakeboats and we're using the Wake View camera system as an option in our boats for 06. Comes w. a 40 gig 7 inch monitor that mounts above the dash and seems to keep a pretty steady picture. Great for teaching and for reviewing your personal sets.
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Griff,

Glad to hear you're happy with the Wakeview system.
They are using out Trakker TopMount (shown below) in their system. We'll be coming out with a new TopMount around June 1 that uses our Inertia Wheel Drive system and works even better.

http://www.wakevideo.com

Upload
Old    the_skeptic            05-06-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Heres what I use, works great. Got it from Barts.
Upload
Click here to see a video I have made
http://www.wakepics.com/member/XLV_Man
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
Nice work David. That's our 2005 model AirTrakker you're using.

You mind if I grab some of your video to use in the demo section of our website? http://www.wakevideo.com

In return, I can send you one of our new AirTrakker Pro models (pic below).
Upload
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Bryan, Send me one of your new top mount trakkers and you can have all the video footage you want.
Old    the_skeptic            05-09-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Bryan, I sent you an email... thanks..

Dave
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-12-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Hey all, just thought I'd post a pic of the new TopMount model with the Inertia Wheel Drive System. Estimated ship date is June 7. Check the website for further info...

http://www.wakevideo.com

Upload
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Hey Bryan,

Here's my modified trakker which used to fit a pylon and now mounts on top of my tower. Works fairly well, but does get the pause like mentioned in your web site. I like the new design you have developed. Keep up the good work and not settling with the original idea.
Upload
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ouch! Jim, why you torturing me like that? Could that be any uglier? Those springs served a purpose for waterskiers, but sure were goofy looking. I keep thinking that when I get old(er) I'll look back on "the early days" with fond memories, but so far it's kinda like being reminded of something stupid you did when you were 19.

But thanks for the words of encouragement. Your adaptation probably has a little more "pause" than our old TopMount model. We use a stiffer damper now, along with a lot longer tracking arm, which reduces the lag. The longer, the better for tracking, but it interferes with a lot of speakers and such. So am happy the Inertia Wheel models work best with an even shorter arm than yours uses. Cheers.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
You sent me the tower mount trakker to test, but it would not fit with my tower box, so I donated it to someone that could use it. Your new version looks like it address's all the issues with mounting.
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yeah, I sent you an AirTrakker when we first started using the rotary damper. It helped, but we couldn't use as long an arm on one that mounts below.

Also, the U-bolt mounting required that the unit hang just below the tube. Using clamps allows us to put the unit a little behind the rope spindle (farther from the rider), which helps the trackng.
Does yours position the camera behind the spindle?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
It does position it behind the spindle. If you look in my profile on my tower, I am placing the flat bar mount on top of the tube and the other flat bar below using the wing nuts to squeeze the oblong tube. Unfortunately with the new tower box design, I don't have the clearance to fit the lower flatbar and wing nuts in place.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Bryan, think you could send me one to test out???? I would use the crap outta it and give you all kinda some results..
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Lyle, thanks for the offer, but I've already signed up too many testers for the new TopMount.

What the heck are you doing up at 4:38 in the morning???
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
lol, its 6:30 here, gotta get to work early... if you need any testers for the lower mounts also, Ill be happy to help.. take it easy man