Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-19-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
So I thought we could catch up on some stories on this thread.

I'll start: Whatever happened with the crazy ass ex girlfriend that (I think it was flight) couldn't get out of the house?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-19-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
that wasn't flight, but I always wondered about that too. she had crazy eyes!
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-19-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
I still have nightmares from the crazy eyes pic..........I'm sure they are happily ever after!
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-19-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
Whatever happened to Buzz (I think) and getting his pool fenced in so they could become foster parents?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-20-2010, 12:18 AM Reply   
whatever happened to Lon
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
First off this is a great Idea, it would be awesome and funny if we could get answerns to wake worlUnsolved subjects. Lon. I think he went away I never understood the w/w pouplar sport of picking on someone that we are not even sure existed. And even if he did who the F cares. That IMO was like being in the audiance of a Jerry springer show. But to be more specific I think resident wake world antagonist Robert Mitchell started a fake profile and made up more stuff about Lon and or his friend and the thread sorta died.
So with that mistry solved I have a Question;

What happens to the "Lake Pirates" for thoes of you that don't remember it was a story where 2 diffrent groups of wakeboarders from So Cal got into a verbal argument that turned into a phyisical argument. A Lon like person poped up on w/w to defend them self and their actions and then the thread died or went away?? what was the end result
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-20-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
grant - I am pretty sure that whole ordeal went to trial in the courts. I know there are still people around WW who were involved (not the aggressors), but I am pretty certain they will not talk about it publicly.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
Dang, Grant.. that was years ago. I remember that.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Whatever happened with Bendow and his older girlfriend?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have one for you G, whatever happened with us being able to download the beats from the bump event?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
Ttrigo: Yea I thought it went to court but that has to have been all over and done with by now. Unless its not over why couldnt they talk about it? I think Dave W knew waht was going on with it mabey he can shed some light on it?

Hate: The Bump event beat's."No Bueno" Gery Robert's (the headline DJ) Recorded the event but some how it only recorded 15-min's and then his recorder took a crap. The Sound engineer (Scott Elliot) was not able to get a new one installed and running in time. We will be sure to have a overlapping recording system this year. We also were looking into to a Live broadcast / Webcam "Bump Raido"
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-20-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
by the way grant. I think you are talking about something that happened in like 2004 if I recall, right? talk about memory like an elephant! the WW guys who were involved, I dont see posting much anymore either.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
G, gotcha! Thats a bummer, I was really looking forward to that. Oh well, next year.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-22-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
What ever happened to the "level 10 gymnast" from a few years ago?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-22-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
What happened to the guy that was in a coma?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-22-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
His name was Colby Turner, and I couldn't find anything recent about him.
Old    bigdtx            11-22-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
Where's xtigeman?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
Where the hell is the answers to all these "what happened?"
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-01-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
What happened to the guy that heel-side edged into Mother Earth and want's to sue the boat driver?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-01-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
I was anxious to hear about that one as well! I sure hope the boat driver got off, and then beat the other guy's @$$
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-01-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
What ever happened to Dan Dulong?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Whatever happened with Bendow and his older girlfriend?
We're still together. She managed to get over that mysterious ring fiasco....I still don't know where or how that damn ring got there. The 8 year age gap has became a non-issue, I do occasionally ask her what life was like before electricity was invented. Here's us on Holloween, obviously I'm the matching ref (gay, I know)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnichols View Post
His name was Colby Turner, and I couldn't find anything recent about him.
If anyone on here knew about Colby, it would most likely be Eubanks.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Bendow, I can see why you put up with her sh-t.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-02-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
PNichols - No word on Colby but I know a guy that has been visiting him every now and then. I will ask him and let you know what I hear.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
What ever happened to Doug the attorney that had a penchant for Porsche's?
I haven't seen Fogey(Jeff) for awhile either.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-02-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
Great thread. I know ever since they changed the layout of the site a lot of people stopped posting. I hardly get on anymore not sure why. Used to have some good discussions about evolution with Wes Dane and a few others. I haven't heard from Buzz in a long time either. Last time I heard he was starting a business I think.

The level 10 gymnast lol haven't thought bout that in a few years.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-02-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Level 10 gymnast was an all time classic.

Does anyone else remember the scandal where someone ran off and got married while snowboarding - or didn't get married but told everyone they did -or something like that? I can't remember all of the details but for a few weeks it was a pretty heated conversation here. How did the story go again?
Old    bigdtx            12-03-2010, 4:00 AM Reply   
"What ever happened to Doug the attorney that had a penchant for Porsche's? " - haha - that's xtigeman. Before he won that lawsuit and started buying porches his posts were pretty much exclusively rants about hating tiges.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-03-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
"What ever happened to Doug the attorney that had a penchant for Porsche's? " - haha - that's xtigeman. Before he won that lawsuit and started buying porches his posts were pretty much exclusively rants about hating tiges.
Ha ha. I remember xtigeman too! His sole mission on the forums was to bash Tigé. If I remember correctly he had an early model 2000-2001 Tige.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Bringing up an old thread to bring up even older ones

Remember the thread about the boarder suing the boat owner because the boarder ran into the rocks while being towed? Whatever happened to that case? I really hope the boarder was found responsible and NOT the driver. But given the outcome of the MC X-45 case who knows now days...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
What ever happened to all the guys who use to post a ton? Christian Coltman(I think), Gramps, Gramps' son, Umali, Hahn, Leo Lesecki, etc????
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-09-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
I still see Umali quite a bit. What about Lee(hyperlite)? You remember the guy that used to post Hmmmm to every thread?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
What ever happened to all the guys who use to post a ton? Christian Coltman(I think), Gramps, Gramps' son, Umali, Hahn, Leo Lesecki, etc????
I think the new site slowed them down
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I think the new site slowed them down
I think you are right. I have no idea of the actual stats from the old site to the new one but it sure seems like there is a lot less traffic and that wakeworld lost a lot of it's big time contributors in the switch to the new site.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
Same thing happened in my home town.... awesome mexican restaurant that was old, dirty, and outdated but had the best food ever.... one day they closed and renovated the whole building, now the food just isn't quite as good
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2011, 9:23 PM Reply   
I would still consider myself a newby around here. Right around the time LON showed up I really got into the site. I really miss that excitement.... beginners luck I suppose.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegermaster View Post
Whatever happened to Buzz (I think) and getting his pool fenced in so they could become foster parents?
Jae, Ha! I'm still here but just don't post a lot lately.

As far as the pool fence, we did get the fence thanks to great peeps like you that helped out. Going strong on the foster kids, but unfortunately the owner of that house had to suddenly sell it, and we had to move. Recently had 4 foster kids all at the same time. On the bad side, we moved to a nice house, but no pool (well, we have a community pool). On the good side, we are almost neighbors with the infamous Dave W. He has a pool

Thanks a ton for the help you and others gave. It was very much appreciated.

Buzz
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-11-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
Great thread. I know ever since they changed the layout of the site a lot of people stopped posting. I hardly get on anymore not sure why. Used to have some good discussions about evolution with Wes Dane and a few others. I haven't heard from Buzz in a long time either. Last time I heard he was starting a business I think.

The level 10 gymnast lol haven't thought bout that in a few years.
Hey Dan! How the heck are ya? I'm still here. Just obviously not on as often as I was. I no longer have my boat, but fortunately have a few friends that do, so I do get on the water occasionally.

I for one, like the new site, other than the fact that I originally had over 3000 posts, and after the switch, it said I only had like 1700. No big deal. I do like the layout, content, etc. Definately not the reason for slacking. GF and kids. That's mainly the issue. Working at Wavehouse and loving it. Get paid to hang out at the beach and watch bikini's stroll by all day long. Also jump on the 10-ft barrel and ride anytime I want. I will hit you up soon bud!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
hi
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Bocephus, and Barefoot skier?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rio_sanger View Post
Bocephus, and Barefoot skier?
Bocephus is still around and posting .....
Just under a new alias
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-12-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
Bocephus is,

Ryan Kinsella,
rkinsell,
Sam Ingram,

and that's all I know.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-12-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
Bocephus is,

Ryan Kinsella,
rkinsell,
Sam Ingram,

and that's all I know.
ryan kinsella, rkinsell are the same person. but are not the OG bocehpus
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
whatever happened to masterpainter? haven't heard from him in years! i hope he's doing well.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2011, 9:55 PM Reply   
I miss Doug Hansen, for someone who loved boats he sure hated wood!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2011, 11:09 PM Reply   
Chris Neeley used to be a regular! I still speak to him by phone from time to time.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-13-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1669045
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
I don't really remember the level 10 gymnist thread. Can someone give me a refresher?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-13-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
^^^^^
This has to be one of the most asked questions on ww. Right after which board, boat, bindings should i buy.
I Remember the whole story, but it is so not worth rehashing.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
Here is my one complaint about wakeworld - its not not much of one, maybe I should suggest this in the site feedback forum --

I think people have 'less' identity on wakeworld. I attribute that to lack of signature/tag/footer after posts, lack of pictures next to names, and the ability to change your nickname/forum handle so easily.

I could only name a handful of members on here and I am a regular since 2005 / 2006...

Dont get me wrong, I love the community... but this was a problem with the old software too, not something new when the site was updated.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2011, 11:18 PM Reply   
signatures/footers/avatars...they all suck! damn good thing ww doesn't have them.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2011, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
signatures/footers/avatars...they all suck!
Agreed, then a one word post takes up half the page
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-14-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
here's one...

what ever happened to Andre the Giant, didnt he blow out both knees and give up on the sport? He hung out with the crew of Gramps and Blabelmooch who also never post here anymore, I wonder why, I thought they were friends of DW?

Last edited by slipknot; 06-14-2011 at 1:24 PM. Reason: for fun
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2011, 4:30 PM Reply   
Remember MP (MasterPainter)? He was a very interesting active member long ago.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2011, 11:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
signatures/footers/avatars...they all suck! damn good thing ww doesn't have them.
I suppose I stand corrected. Maybe signatures would be a bad idea -- but I think small avatars help you recognize who has left the message.... /my opinion, nothing personal...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2011, 4:58 AM Reply   
What ever happened to Lee Daniels[Hyperlite] Hmmmmm?........Interesting!!!!!! Yeah.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
I'm still in touch with Hahn and Umali. I make sure the only truly needed post stays alive around here.

Level ten was a hottie!

It's coming soon baby!

2011 NFL Smack Talking Thread.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       06-16-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Is Swass still around? I think Umali and that dude loved eachother! HA! j/k Joe!
Old    bigdtx            06-16-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
"2011 NFL Smack Talking Thread"

Cliff - don't bother unless we get the patented "Seahawks Schedule Rundown".

None of this "Not gonna make a prediction" crap.

I await "The Announcement"
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
Is swass the guy who had the really nice calabria ProV with a bunch of Boss tower speakers? I think the guy was from Oregon. It was a red and white ProV I think?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Is swass the guy who had the really nice calabria ProV with a bunch of Boss tower speakers? I think the guy was from Oregon. It was a red and white ProV I think?
That's Travis (Pheaton)

He worked for Sky Ski in Redding for a few years but recently moved back to Bend and returned to metal fabricating. His daughter is competing in grass roots boarding events and he still owns the Calabria.I'm in contact with him from time to time

"D"

This year is the year of utter Hawk domination my friend. All opposing teams will (in the words of Mr. Sheen) seem like slope eyed armless children when they attempt to match up against my glorious 'Team of Destiny"!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
I think it will be a year of DALLAS DOMINATION !
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-17-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Hey Curt, did you see my link above? Check your posts. You yourself personally outed Bocephus as Sam Ingram (and, therefore, Ryan Kinsella in truth).

Evidently, when someone has two identities on WW, they can do some mischievous things in a thread. Sure, the Lon thread was funny. But, a number of people thought Lon was an invention ... a second identity of someone else who was posting in the thread as himself in the alternative.

Here’s one way to play the two-identity game. Check out “Ryan (rkinsell)” and “Bocephus” in this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446512
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-17-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
Hey Curt, did you see my link above? Check your posts. You yourself personally outed Bocephus as Sam Ingram (and, therefore, Ryan Kinsella in truth).

Evidently, when someone has two identities on WW, they can do some mischievous things in a thread. Sure, the Lon thread was funny. But, a number of people thought Lon was an invention ... a second identity of someone else who was posting in the thread as himself in the alternative.

Here’s one way to play the two-identity game. Check out “Ryan (rkinsell)” and “Bocephus” in this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446512
Checked my posts and read the evidence. My posts didn't out Sam as Bocephus but stated rKinsell Is not bocephus. If you want to keep looking for evidence go for it, but I can save you the trouble and let you know that I have ridden behind Rkinsell's blue 03 SAN 210 aka "bleu cheese" and also been behind Sam Ingrams 06 SAN 210 aka "the golden calf" plenty of times. So in the internet some posts may appear that they are the same person, but in reality I know there true identity. Btw loved that tige thread! Rkinsell still rips on there earlier boats
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-17-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
If Sam Ingram is Ryan K from Jonathan Bay's link, what the hell happened in 4 years? If that was Sam, he would have tried to tie a Tige's wake to FDR's policies. Ryan K seems to have a great sense of humor.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-18-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
Not sure if you guys remember this from the old forum (I also think it was under there classifieds as well) but whatever happened to the guy selling his green 06 san 210 with a bunch of custom work done on it? I remember he was trying to sell it cuz his next big project was either a 230/236 with 26 inch rims on the trailer. But he never posted the pics because of some magazine shoot he had done and couldn't ruin the unveiling
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-18-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Ah here we go, had to do some digging.

[B][/B]http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1252497829
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-18-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
And some more digging!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1258234871
Old     (dave)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
wow. Log-in worked. Been a while...and it was funny to see this thread. I just recently reunited with Doug Hanson. He moved from the midsouth to Florida and is still practicing law. Has a new kid on the way. Raced Lotus' for a while. Still hates Tige. That boat spent more time in mt boathouse broke down then it ever ran. They never did fix the problem, I cant count the number of times we swam that boat in.

As for me, after two knee surgeries i have pretty much moved on to riding in the woods. Bought a farm and spend my (very little) spare time there. Nice checking in. Going to the lake next weekend.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
what ever happened to KYLE CHATTIN??
Old    Swass            07-07-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
I average about 1 post/year these days. Joe and I have been busy raising our love child.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
wtf?

andy, kyle chattin went into the military, then went to afghanistan. i think he's back in the u.s., but not sure.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-08-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
I heard he joined the Millitary but didnt know he went over seas!
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
haha I am not Bocephus or anyone else. I changed my name once since 05' or whenever I joined when I realized most people don't use their real name as user ID (Ryan Kinsella to rkinsell).
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
I think this board really went down hill after the upgrade (whenever that happened I don't exactly remember). It seemed after the upgrade a lot of people split. I originally signed up for this site in '99 but you can't tell from my profile. Andre the Giant is Paul Smith now... he stopped using Andre in 2002 I think. Master Painter, Matt Legge (RIP), lot's of cool people I used to interact with that aren't here any more.