Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (rmdanie)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-01-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Let me preface by saying I am a heelside hero somewhat beginner, but I just rode my faction bindings for the first time and had to post about it.

I put these bindings on my ole freemotion board because my fins have not arrived yet for my ONE board.

Right out of the gate it felt like I was riding a whole new board. Every move my legs made, the board followed. I can blame this on the awesome heel hold. For the record my old bindings were the stock freemotion Icons.

This was my second run of the year. My first run of the year (last week), I was really frustrated cause I couldn't make the coveted W2W I had mastered at the end of last summer. When I popped in the new bindings today, I landed 6 back to back to back, etc... I never pulled that many off last summer.

So I wanted to post this for any beginners out there. Shell out the bucks for some good bindings. There are tons of threads on hear talking about how upgraded gear only helps really good riders but this upgrade was awesome for me.

Peace,
Dirty D
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2008, 3:24 AM Reply   
i've always said that bindings make the set-up, not the board. you could have the best board out there, but if your feet aren't comfortable, you won't like the board or be able to take advantages of the board's features.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-02-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I am very very new to the sport but I could tell a giant difference in the 07 era's and the 01 belmont's.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-02-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Your right bindings make a huge difference.

I had factions then bought some 3DS bindings and my riding improved 100%.....the extra stiff is money.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
Like Joe said... If you don't feel comfortable on the bindings you won't feel comfortable on the board.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Definitely. I used to have O'brien Plush Pro bindings on my substance, and then when I switched over to the Watsons last year, I was instantly better, just because I felt more comfortable on the board and had more control....
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
i went from the old faction boots to the 08 cwb zeus's and wow big big difference. Gives you much more confidence feeling locked in and so much more support. To be honest ive only gone into the flats a few times mostly not on purpose but with the zeus's ive been going into the flats much more.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-02-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Bindings can make or break your day, def the most important part of the set up!