Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
well I finally got my Rev 10's up on my boat (05 sante) tested them out all week while camping end while boarding.. All I can say is wow. I had a set of 685's powered with a set o farc ks 300.2's bridged. now I have 4 rev 10's with2 arc ks 600.2's . These things JAM! The mid bass is Awesome and the highs are crisp..not raspy but crisp and the overall performance is a new benchmark in my opinion. The swivel clamps are pretty trick as well. Like always i am super impressed with there products.
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
I heard the Rev 10's for the first time the other day and I too was impressed! They are so freakin loud and clean! Congrats on your new setup!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       08-01-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
great looking boat man. Any more pics? Is it wrapped ?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
chris,

boat looks awesome, please email me some shots, ill get them on the site and our facebook page. twhite@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
definitely would like to see some better pics of this boat. flat black wrap?
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
Tim I will get some shots of it for you. Yes its a flat black vinyl wrap. thanks for the compliments. all the work was done by my shop. www.avcmarine.com located on lake lanier in GA (shameless plug lol) but seriously these twrs blew my mind, i had two sets of rev 8's up there the week before and I thought they were great (which they were) the rev 10's output is retarded! I was worried about a 10'' midbass driver realistically doing what a midbass should but damnit they far exceeded what I thought they would do. I played through from allman bros to some dubstep, to lamb of god, steely dan, pepper, and some jazz...they took it all and wanted more and on top of that they sounded accurate. so basically if you want some over the top bad ass towers REV10's are your remedy!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
Rev10s are hands down the new bench mark for HLCDs. They are loud a heck, clean, crisp and produce a TON of mid bass. I demo's a customer last week and his reply was. WOW, there isn't even a need to a woofer anymore…. not true in my opinion, now you need MORE bass then before, but to each their own.

A+ for the Rev series in general.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
I just spent alot of time today, again, listening to the Wetsounds REV10s on a customer boat and in our showroom. SQ wise, like any speaker, they are only as good as the quality of the power and the quality of the music/recording. But when you've got good power and good material they are amazing and really separate themselves from the pack. They produce virtually no clue they are an HLCD. Plus on many selections I simply heard more information coming through. Really good midbass extension too. Obviously they are stupid loud at wake range when powered up right and four REV10s are over the top. But when kicked back around the boat and in the water off the swim deck people are really going to enjoy these speakers.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-01-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Chris, first time I've seen you boat...very sharp!! I love the rev 10's on the tower. I cant wait to see and hear them in person. Tim please give any info on the Rev 485's so I have no choice but to go back to Chris's shop and buy them. LOL

Chris, you guys did an awesome job on my X15 stereo install everybody that rides in and behind the boat loves the sweet sounds and BOOM...and if anyone in the buford area needs a pro installer chris's guys are tops in my book.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-01-2011, 8:53 PM Reply   
Chris,

I will be running 2 pair of REV 10's very shortly on a single KS 600.2. They put out 600 Watts per channel at 2 Ohms, so I should still be getting plenty of power. Is there any particular reason you did not go that route? (Other than the obvious 400 Watts per channel at 4 Ohms).

Right now I have 1 pair on the amp, and they are stupid loud and clear, 2 pair are going to land me close to being the king in my little corner of the world.

Don't tell me I need another amplifier...the wife already has commented on how it seems like Christmas around here lately because I have another box coming every other day in the mail.
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-02-2011, 5:13 AM Reply   
I chose those amps because i wanted headroom. I really wish i had more power to them. the worst thing to have is an underpowered speaker it causes distortion. (dont get me wrong they are extremely clear and are operating beyond what I expected) plus down the road whenever wetsounds comes out with the rev version of the 485 with 10;s (hopefully this happens) I can bridge the amps and have 1200 watts going to each enclosure. plus i had to fill the void of two amps on my amp rack.....lol