Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
I heard the Cops showed them a visit this past weekend. Does anyone know what happened?
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-23-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?s=fafaafac0db84312cbf15c2efaf1373a&showt opic=21251&st=0

http://www.katu.com/outdoors/news/48819252.html
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I've got a friend that's going to get tied up in this. Gunther is a snake.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sounds like the Guy deserves to get butt raped in prison. It is amazing how Malibu can have such a great dealer up here in Seattle and such a shady/crappy one down in Portland.

The second Malibu caught any info of this guy pulling this type of crap they should of pulled his rights to sell Malibu. This is going to look very bad for Malibu in that area.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
WHOA and WOW!! If all that is even half true, I couldn't imagine the pain some people will be feeling.
How long could a dealer get away with collecting money but not paying off their note? I couldn't imagine more than a few months. Regardless, lousy news for the industry.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
I love my Malibu and Malibu came through for me when I was fighting those turds in Wilsonville about some warranty work that needed to be done. Melvin from Malibu did a great job getting them to fix it.
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
http://www.katu.com/news/local/48819252.html

Here is the link to see it on the local news. I knew these people were crooks from day 1. I know several people who have not had good luck with them at all. Many parts are mixed and matched off of their boats and trailers during the process of a sale.
Old     (scheaferwake)      Join Date: May 2009       06-23-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
Gerry should take over this dealer. He would do a great job for Malibu.
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
I second that. AWS should move to a bigger location and take over Malibu in the metro area.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-23-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
A new partnership between AWS and Malibu would be awesome.

I have personally been using Active Water Sports to service Malibu's for the last couple years. They do a great job and the Bu was never alone. I always saw more Malibu's in there that didn't want to be half assed at Bridge City. Active is Indmar Marine certified so it was a no brainer.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-23-2009, 10:21 PM Reply   
wow. its been over a year since we made the mistake of purchasing a boat from them and we still dont have our title yet. not sure what to do about it now...
glad to hear they got what they deserve though
Old     (calabriaryder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Jeff I told you what was going to happen, I thought you said it had all been figured out, sorry to hear it hadnt. I am aware of atleast 30 people that are currently screwed at this moment, some with 2 and 3 boat loans.
Old     (calabriaryder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
So here is what was on TV last night
http://www.katu.com/news/49050536.html
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-25-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
This is really too bad, on many different levels. Hope it goes well for Jeff, and all the others who got roped into this.

And I love how stoked so many are on AWS... add one more to the list. AWS is top-notch in every way.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-25-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Graydon, there were numerous issues when we bought from them. The main ones were taken care of (months down the road). Over the course of the year and a half since we bought the boat, we have been relentlessly trying to get the title from them. They quit answering emails, and never responded to our voicemessages. We tried, and tried and tried about anything you can do when you dont live in the state where they are located. So now we are out of a title for the boat that they obviously had no plans of giving to us from day one. Does anyone have any idea what to do to go about getting another title? or is that even possible?
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-25-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
http://www.katu.com/outdoors/news/49050536.html?video=YHI&t=a
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-26-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
It’s official!!

Active Water Sports is excited to announce the addition of Malibu Boats to our product offerings. While we remain 100% committed to Supra, Moomba and MB Sports boats, having the opportunity to represent a line with the history of Malibu was something we just couldn’t pass up. A big thanks to Mark Gibbs from Malibu boats for his dedication to the line and his hard work.

Thank you for all the encouraging words leading up to this official announcement, we hope to maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction and will work very hard to address any outstanding service issues that are being experienced by local Malibu owners.

We look forward to meeting all the existing Malibu owners and the owners to be as well. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.

Matt Radich
General Manager
Active Water Sports

Contact Info:

Matt Radich, GM: 503-650-5991, matt@activeh2o.com
Gerry Oppliger, Sales Manager: 503-650-5991, gerry@activeh2o.com
Matt Veselik, Service Manager: 503-650-5990, mattv@activeh2o.com
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
^^^ HELL YEAH! I have been a customer at AWS for over 15 years, three words "world class service" From Warren and all the guys & ladys in the company, they care about the customer!! On more then one occasion Gerry has met me at the shop to drop off or pick my boat on a Sunday to save me a extra trip over from Bend. AWS has been a huge supporter of grassroots wakeboarding for as long as I can remember and continues to run the best Wake contests in the Northwest. Congrats and good luck in your new venture guys, I'm proud to call you all friends.
Old     (calabriaryder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Jeff B of A in wilsonville are the ones that are going to know where your title and everything would be, and would be the best ones to help you out.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-01-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Graydon, I will look into that and see what we can find out.