Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
From the man himself:

Officially, The New Dealer will be Liquid Wrenches in Livermore. He currently has service at one address and is moving into a new location
at 5828 South Naylor Rd.- Sept 1st. Phone number is 925 961 1670. That is public info and can be released if need be.

Thanks again,

Rick Tinker

I'll be dropping my boat off this weekend to see what Scott can do.

Encouraging!!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-17-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
wow thats the worst news i"ve heard in so long. They are rip off artists there. I have never heard a good thing coming from a fellow wakeworlder about thier service. The charged me almost twice as much as they said they were, they said it was due to them not knowing it was a black scorpian engine. Funny you would think a service shop that does this for a living would know but especially take the time to know when they go out to the boat for the qoute and it says it on the side of the boat.

Then the best part is they say oh ya and it takes longer because they have to run it first to make sure the impeller works. Funny thing was when i got home i went to drop it in the water and both of my batteries were completly dead so i wonder how they ran it with out juice???? I had to charge them all night. I will never go back there!!! I have had many people ask were to bring thier boat and some have said what do you think about liquid wrenches I have told them and they didnt go there. The worst part about the whole thing was thier attitude they said well dont come back then if you dont like it. hmm you tell me its going to 115 bucks they all of the sudden its 200 and thats all you can offer......

BEWARE

read this post towards the bottom theres a few examplehttp://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/591217.html

(Message edited by nsolis220 on July 17, 2008)
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
Yikes! I brought my BU there once, only once.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Assuming they're servicing/supplying Moomba as well then i'm bummed. I've never heard anything good about them either. The only benefit is that i work right down the street from them. Man i'm going to miss Delta!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Wow, those aren't good reviews.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
Wow, Those arnt good reviews. Aint no one holding back either.

I'd like to keep an open mind. Well we'll have to see.

Someone please share something good...please.

Or let em have it. I'd like to know before I drop the ride off.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
haaha..
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Well since I have nothing nice to say I will just keep my mouth shut then....J-rod its Matt from Gary's boat...remind me to fill you in on the Altamont/Sanger experience!
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
Nick, thanks for posting the link. You saved me having to rant all over again. I'm trying Boatmasters on Preston Ct. next time.

http://www.boatmasters2.com/welcome.htm
Old     (fred0320)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-17-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
Only thing I will say about Liquid Wrenches is BEWARE!!!! About 4 years ago, a friend of mine bought a boat from the OWNER that he said was a factory demo boat used for pictures. I later found out that it was a salvaged boat that had prevoiusly sunk in a lake. Unlike the auto industry, there are no salvage titles. Your decision where to take your business.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-17-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Dang I thought I had a bad experiance, that takes the cake!!! I'd me lieing if I said it surprised me though.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-17-2008, 11:44 PM Reply   
bad customer service spreads like a california wildfire.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-19-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
i talked to some more people today and heard many many more bad things about them! I cant believe skiers choice would let a company like this repersent them....... I know they monitor this site hopefully they catch this thread.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       07-19-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
If you dont need warranty work done, Topside Marine in San Jose is where I take my boat, and I wont take it anywhere else. Jim and Bill know boats, is very reasonable, and takes special care with ALL of his customers. Never heard anything bad about them. I know its a drive to San Jose for some people, but it sounds like it might be worth it!