Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (collin)      Join Date: May 2002       02-14-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
I would like to add a sub to the boat this winter. I REALLY would like to put it by the drivers feet so I can try and save storage room but I have a goofy foot well that looks like it could be difficult to work around. Does anyone have any ideas or pics of what they have done?

Upload
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
There is a ton of space back there to build a sub box.Upload
Upload
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
I have the same setup colin. I currently have a heater underneath in there and a 12 stuffed in there as well. It all fits flush with the edge of the footwell.

First and foremost you will need to remove the driver seat which is common with most sub applications in that area. Then you build a box with a lip on the front to sit on that ledge and stilts in the back to hold it square. I personally attached mine to the ledge, and that back panel as well.

Let me know how it goes.
Old     (collin)      Join Date: May 2002       02-14-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt. In the picture you can see the control cable kind of gets in the way also. Did you just work around that or did you move it somehow
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
Mine were about the same but I was able to push them up above the box so they were underneath the dash a little more. It did not effect the steering or throttle at all.

Also, for taking the seat off its pretty easy. there are two tracks, in each track are a bolt in the front and back that goes through to the seat base. Pull off the seat cushion and take the bolts off. BAM seats off and out of the way. When I put my seat back together I put some longer bolts in there with spacers to give the seat just a little bit more height. I also put longer spacers in the front to give it a little more lean.