Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-19-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
How is the flex compared to last year? I know the 2013 peak is now the 2014 Deluxe, but I am curious about the new peak.

Would you say is has Less, the Same, or More flex as last years peak?

Also, with the new channels, did you notice it catch at all on rails?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-23-2013, 8:43 PM Reply   
I've demoed it for a few laps. That same day I rode the 2014 peak, 2014 deluxe and the raph. I can tell you that I did NOT notice the channels at all on the rails. They don't effect sliding at all but it does help the board track just a slight bit more. The new peak is crazy thin and lightweight but I think the flex pattern is still in the same ballpark. I preferred the new peak and the raph to the deluxe(old peak) but I only rode each board for about 10 laps. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three and I don't think you'll regret buying the new peak if your in the market.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-24-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
So which board had more flex, the Peak or the Raph? The Raph seems to have a mass rocker
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-24-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
Tough to say... But I would say the raph. All the boards were a little short for me. I ordered a 143 raph but the one I demoed was a 139 and the peak was a 137. And the raph does have the most rocker it looked like. Sorry for being a little vague but I didn't get to spend enough time on the boards to really have the definitive answers your looking for.
Attached Images

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-24-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Here is the peak
Attached Images

Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-25-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Im glad this thread came up! Been looking at the 2014 Peak as well.

One thing im wondering about is why most recent vids so far of Daniel Grant, he's been using the Deluxe? Ive seen some other pros too and looks like the preferred board so far is the Deluxe. Maybe they like that because its the same as the old Peak? This is just an observation, dont kill me for it

I just prefer the graphics of the Peak over Deluxe. Is there a significant difference with the ride of these two boards? Are they made from different material? What do you guys think would be more durable among the two?

Im not the best rider in the world and ive wrecked the bottom of my Ronix board from all the bumps and catches at the local park, so im looking for something that would last long and wont break down after a few months..

On the other hand i did see a 2014 Slingshot Shredtown yesterday and it looked solid. I like that its flat at the bottom too.

Thanks! Hoping to keep the discussion rollin!
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-25-2013, 10:35 AM Reply   
The new peak is an all wood core this year.

The Deluxe is the same core as last year CNC wood/PU core.

I know the Raph is the CNC/PU core with no centre channels.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
I would guess Daniel Grant will be riding the Deluxe this year since he has a signature limited edition color scheme deluxe coming out later this year. In Bob's ROTY video he was riding the deluxe for the first half and then the Raph for the last part. Bob is also coming out with a signature color combo on the Raph this year so I'm sure you will see him on the Raph from now on.

The 2014 Peak is an all wood CNC core and the Deluxe is a hybrid core(wood and foam stringers). All LF flex boards feature the Grind base and liquid rails which will easily withstand many laps around the cable for years to come. I know it's a tough decision but I'm sure you'll be happy with either. I would anyway...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-25-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
I thought the 2014 Deluxe was the exact same board as the 2013 Peak. Not true?
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-25-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
I keep hearing that, so I think they are!
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-25-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Anyone got pics of the limited editions yet?

Is there any real difference between an all wood and CNC/PU core?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
I thought the 2014 Deluxe was the exact same board as the 2013 Peak. Not true?
Yes this is true..... as stated in the first post. Same board and flex pattern but new graphic.

There are pics of the LTD boards and boots on page 9 of the wakeworld article on Surf Expo 2013
Black and green is the Daniel Grant LTD Deluxe. Black and Blue is the Bob Soven LTD Raph
Neon yellow is Raph's LTD Watson Classic boat board

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...po.html?page=9
Attached Images

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2013, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
Is there any real difference between an all wood and CNC/PU core?

I don't have enough experience to say but I heard when the BOB came out that an all wood core isn't as prone to "wearing out" where as a hybrid might get "softer" overtime.
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-25-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting the pic. The limiteds look pretty bare. I like the bare coloring but I'm not sure if I like the huge LF logo protuding in the middle.

Hopefully that "longer lasting" feature with the new Peak stays true!

Looks like I'm sold with the 2014 Peak. Too bad it's taking so long for our local shop to receive their new stocks, and I can't even order online. :/