Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-15-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
I thought for sure there would have been some discussion on this here today.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/w...165949610.html

I'm a bit split personally seeing both sides clearly. One is we shouldn't reward illegals with being able to stay here under any circumstances. It's not fair to those who are here and who have immigrated here legally. We also can't afford to take in everyone who wants to come to the U.S. It's just a tough sad fact.

On the other hand, when you look at some of these kids, they did nothing wrong at all. Many were brought here illegally by their parents at very young ages and have lived here all their lives. I've read and watched stories about some of these kids having to move back to the country they were born in, sometimes not even knowing the language. If they've done well here and not broken any laws, why not give this small group of people a break? Looking at these individuals and their unique circumstances, I'd have to agree with doing this and with Obama's policy. The main problem I have is with creating any type of incentive for parents to sneak their kids in here, trying to make them legal. One restriction I'd like to see is that these kid's parents can never get green cards or citizenship here. At the most, they could get tourist visas.

Keep in mind how lucky people born in the U.S. are to be born here. Also, don't just puke the word amnesty out, blasting the whole policy without really thinking about it and this particular policy affecting this particular group of people.

That's my 2 cents.