Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-03-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
It's been a few years since JRod and I started the original P90X thread. I have completed that program 8 times since then. I even got caught up in the Insanity craze, the one on one stuff, and the P90X+ stuff.

My best results took me down to 172 pounds at 5% body fat. I had finally achieved the allusive 8 pack!

My friends and family, however, were not that excited for me. They said that my face looked sunken. My wife's biggest complaint was my over the top metabolism. I HAD to have food every 2 hours. If I didn't plan for every bite taken, my whole attention would be for the pursuit of a healthy calorie.

2010 was not a good year for fitness for me. I fell off the wagon somewhat. I probably worked out 3-4 months total for the entire year. I ate a ton of sweets, and re-established my relationships with Miller, Corona, and my favorite, Modelo.

By the end of summer, I weighed in at 185 and felt very sluggish. My staff, however (mostly non athletic, larger people) still complained that with my genetic make-up, I would lose the pounds at an unfairly rapid rate.

So.......I decided to pack on as much unhealthy weight as I could before the start of 2012. The plan was to show them that loosing a ton of weight is possible for anyone that has the drive and the discipline.

I ate everything. I ballooned to 202! I was miserable. Getting off the floor was a chore. I groaned at every physical thing that I did. Energy level, sex drive, self motivation for anything......gone.

My family started calling my gut, my friend. They think that the look is fun.......arg.
My staff can't believe how big I got. The processes has led to 2 of them, one man and one woman, betting me that they can lose more of a percentage of fat than I can. So, so far, the mission to motivate them has worked. We shall see.

and oh, I'm sure you guys know that this "mission" wasn't all formed out of trying to help others.
I just needed an excuse to stay lazy...

Santa brought me P90X2 for Christmas.
I started it yesterday. My official starting weight is 197.

More on the actual workouts later. I gotta run......