Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-21-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Need your opinion..Every year i buy a new A-10 Jet Pilot. but this year I would like a little more flotation but keep a small comp size. Keeping that in mind what vest should I look at? Thanks for your help. Jet
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
im in the same position Jet. i love my A-10, but wish it had a little more buoyancy.. the low profile and how light weight it is rocks. i might get the 2009 Liquid Force Cardigan and see if that keeps me above water any better
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
O'Neill Checkmate is the best so far for me. Extremely comfortable.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
This thread needs to be deleted right now before it goes any further lol. Andrew, just do a search for comp or uscg vests. I GUARANTEE you will find a number of posts with over 100 posts in each one. I never tell people to search because I feel like that takes away the point of a message board, but in this instance, you will understand when you do so. In fact, I hate when people say "use the SEARCH before posting" because the point of a message board is to answer each persons questions individually and although it maybe very similar to prior posts, it is still different. If everyone just used the "search" then there would not be a message board.

Ok rant over and now my answer: I HATE USCG VESTS BUT WAS FORCED TO BUY ONE because you have to have it for McCormicks and the closest one I could find to a comp vest was the Hyperlite Murray vest. It is the least bulky of the ones I have tried and I too ride an A-10 exclusively when I use my comp vest, so I think you will feel pretty similar to me when it comes to the Murray vest. It still feels like a USCG vest, but it is the least pregnant feeling out of all of the USCG vests that I have tried.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Checkmate or old style oneill boost have been my favs
Old     (chasemac)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-21-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
oneill checkmate... or the new LF watson! :-)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Jet I will yell at you privatly on the other boards. :-) Please get a USGC there are some that are SUPER thin now. I just got the Helium Paisley CGA and it is very thin and glideskin-like exterior.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-24-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I wanted a different view from mine. Thanks for the help.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-25-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
body glove vapor vest or maybe rustys pro model vest...
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
I'm also loving the checkmate for flotation as well as being longer than most.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-25-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
I like the checkmate for style and length but I am however not a strong believer of it's flotation.

Wearing a medium vest at 155ish lbs this summer with a serious arm injury and only my face as outlined by my jawline was out of the water, ears were under and I was pretty helpless. That's a little close for comfort... and I was still conscious, breathing, and at least had some very limited movement.