Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (timc_7771)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-10-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
I cant figure out how to access the area to put the backing plates and nuts on to install my tower. It looks like I may have to remove padding.. But I cant figure that out either. I just don't want to start ripping things apart. Can someone please help....
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-10-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   

PIX
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-11-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Tim,

I sent you an e-mail- If you don't get it or want to speak directly with me I should be able to answer any of your questions- 780-490-7908 ext 234.

Cheers

Marc
Old     (tigedealer)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Hey Tim. As I recall, here's how to do it. Remove the rear speaker covers and unscrew the speakers. If you reach your arm in, there are several nuts that have to be removed (10mm?) Once you're sure you have all those off, the rest of the panel is held by plastic "christmas trees" (push pins). Sometimes you can get your fingers on the edge and start working the panel off. If not, carefully, use a putty knife or small screwdriver. You may want to put a towel under your tool so you don't damage the upholstery. Then you'll have to dig out the damn foam underneath where your tower nuts/backing plates will go. To do that, I would figure out where your rear and front mounts go and drill them. Then stick screw drivers in the rear holes so you know where to dig the foam out. In the bow, the backrests are just christmas trees. The factory usually already has an access hole, but you may need to cut another 5-6" access hole in the upper corners so you can actually reach your forward tower nuts/plates. That will be $100!
Old     (timc_7771)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-11-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your help. It sounds like i should have just payed the extra 2000 dollars when i bought it.
Old     (tigedealer)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Sorry Tim! I just realized you were talking about a GT and not a GXL! Here's the GT version: If you reach upward in the side panel, you will find 3 vertical access holes in the plastic liner. The panel is secured by through bolts and you have to undo the nuts through those holes. The rest of the side panel is held on with push pins.

(Message edited by tigedealer on March 12, 2008)