Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (doormat)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-22-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
Are there some boards that are ment to be ridden with a slightly more tail heavy approach? If so what are some characteristics of those boards that make them better suited to be ridden tail heavy, ex. fin placement, rail of the board.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-22-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I dont really think so. Most boards a designed for a evenly balanced stance. That being said there are some moves that you approach that wake with a heavy back foot or a heavy front foot, front flip and a batwing are good examples.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-22-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Helix, Substance, Watson... those are all boards designed to be ridden tail heavy.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
What about the ronix one? That board has cupped rails at the very end of the board, and the middle of the board is flat with rounded edges. I have adjusted my weighting more to cater to the cupped rails... when i really need to crank it i throw some more weight on the back
Old     (doormat)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-23-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
i noticed in the description of the Ronix frontier board that it talks about riders with a more tail heavy approach and riders with a more even footed approach. it mentions that riders with more tail heavy approach would enjoy the speed off the wakeof the smooth curve of the board, and even weighted riders rely on the bend of the tip/tail for pop of the wake. so it appears that according to ronix those who ride tail heavy and those who ride more centered should look for different characteristics in a board (they have conveniently proved the best of both worlds in this board)