Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hi guys. I'm looking for a new handle, but not really sure where to start. So far with some help, i've been told that the proline lg series is the way to go. But what is the difference b/n the handles w/pistols and diamonds? Thanks and can't wait to hear what you guys got to say.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-11-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
Go with the lg, and if you need a rope too buy it packaged for a stupid cheap price with a nice coated line. Pistol grip is a t-style wrap handle where diamond is a v style where rope goes around the wrap handle.
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Kellen. Stupid question, but what are they for?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Next week we will have our new 15" Bullet Lines leather grip handles in stock. We will have the 15" Bullet Leather Grip Handle w/ 6" V-style cheater grip and 75' Core Mainline for $89.99. I have a picture below of our prototype which shows the handle in white and grey, but our final production handles are in all white, and the white core mainline has white shrink wrap instead of the black as shown.

Please email me if you would like an invoice for the leather grip handle and core mainline blowout.

Upload
Upload

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
kland@bulletlines.com
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-11-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
I just ordered a lg from wakeside.com. Have no idea when it will be in cuz it is on back order.

As Kellen siad, "if you need a rope too buy it packaged for a stupid cheap price with a nice coated line". Thats why i got it. I mean you may never know when you need a spare rope. Like when another boat runs over yours (personal experience).
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-12-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
Hey Kenneth,
Any chance you'll have that same rope/handle without the 6" V-style cheater grip? I would be interested if you did.

(Message edited by mallenger on April 12, 2007)
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-12-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, ive seen alot of those bullet products. Great price, looks like honest quality. I'm going to their site right now.

I would also look at Straight Line's new ARI system. These things are awesome, you can switch to any grip or color grip you want and it has all the anti-roll capabilities of higher priced handles.
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-12-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Hey guys, what are the pistol and diamond handles for?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-12-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Wrapped tricks. Where you hang onto the small handle with one hand and then when you jump you let go and spin like a top.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
I had been shopping around for a new handle this past week. I checked out the LG handles, but because of where the seam was placed, it didn't feel good in my hands. I was leaning towards either the Premier or the Exodus handle from Accurate/Hyperlite. These handles have sanded EVA which feels very similar to the leather grips from Proline. However, I ended up going with the Ronix North handle. Here's why....

The Ronix North handle uses sanded EVA, but the foam underneath is a lot more cushy then the Premier, Exodus, and Proline LG handles. They stitched the handle much like the LG, but the placement of the seams felt much better in my hands then the LG did. In fact, because of the cushy-ness of the foam underneath the EVA, the Ronix North handle feels almost exactly like the LG in terms of texture and grip.

Since all of the handles I looked at are really in the same ball park, the main thing that swayed me to the Ronix handle was that it was much cheaper than the others. The Ronix North handle runs around $50 (I paid $45 for mine). The Exodus and Premier handles go for $65 and the LG handles go for $85!!

If you want to save $40 I think you should definitely give the Ronix handles a look side by side the LG.
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-12-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks Richard! That was a very detailed thread. It will help us out a lot. I'll have to go check the 2 handles out asap. Thanks again!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-12-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
GIMP...I ordered mine LG from Wake Giant. Very nice package for a cheap price. Talk to Shawn when you call them. he will set you up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I love the LG handle. Great grip and nice on the hands.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-12-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Best handle I have ever used is the old premier handle by a large margin.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-12-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Proline LG is sick, love it.
Proline Faction for 07 love it as well.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Go and look at the Synthesis from Proline. It is waaaay sick!!! I used to use the LG, but have moved on this the Synthesis, because is seems to fit the crease in my hands much better. Check it out!!!