Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    nat3060            10-09-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    walt            10-09-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Sweet !
Old    mendo247            10-09-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
NICE! whats the story behind that?
Old    nat3060            10-09-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
i run his website/part of his myspace...
Old    alanp            10-09-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
didnt this happen last year too?
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-10-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Thats awesome!
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
sweet board. better ride that.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Lucky - how'd you get that job? And he thinks you Rock! That's even better!!!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-10-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
even sicker, that board has been riden by the man! (I assume with the marks on it).

LUCKY!
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-10-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Awesome. Can't complain 'bout findin' that when you get home. Gotta love those perks.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Did he use it too? Looks like binding marks around the inserts.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
is there a difference between that model and the 06 1?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-11-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
No difference other than the graphics. Top sheet is handpainted. Very cool perk Natalie!

Eric
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Natalie are you selling this board? check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180038584675&rd =1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

(Message edited by howakeboartder on October 15, 2006)
Old    benni89            10-15-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
That would be very very sad!
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Agreed - sad. Makes you wonder if Shaun will ever see/know about that. Wonder if he would send her another one ever again knowing that it might end up on e-bay a week later.
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-15-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
ya..agreed as well..ouch
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-15-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
it looks like is a different board, he may have just signed one specifically for her to sign

surely if she was excited enough to post it on here she wouldn't turn right around and sell it
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-15-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
who would want a board signed to someone else.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
if you look on the ebay add the natalie part is cleaned off but its the same bedspread in the background. how could you sell a board that was personally signed and given to you. I wouldn't expect to get another one from him. I wonder what the final bid will be since its barely over $100 now.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Joe - yes I did before posting the above.

But....would they go as far to put the below in the description?

This board was given to me by Shaun Murray. It was ridden and signed by him. You can
see the markings on the board from his bindings. If you wondering why I was given this,
its because I do his webpage/myspace, which you can check out at: www.shaunmurray.net
Winner will also recieve a few bottles of Newt Juice.

Reason im selling? Im trying to raise money for a digital camera for me to start taking
professional engagement/wedding photographs as a side job. This auction will hopefully get
me enough to make up the difference that I need to purchase the camera. Thanks ahead of
time for the bids. You have no idea how much this will help me out. The side job of taking
pictures is greatly needed.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Joe, why would a seller with 99.4% positive rating on ~650 auctions begin selling fraudulent items?

Who cares what Natalie does with the board?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
craig, people actually steal other people's identities on ebay, and then sell stuff under their name. I've seen it on 60 minutes before--be careful!

However, I do recognize that screen name...
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Craig - personally I just find it kinda tacky starting the post about something cool you received and then putting it on e-bay a week later.

If your intentions are to sell it (in which case it probably does not mean too much to you)....why even start a post about it?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-15-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
i agree with Mike not cool to post about how cool it is to have it,ala Bragging ,then turn around and sell it publically..

should have used more tact and not posted she had it and sold it if she needed the money that bad ..
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-15-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
The board on ebay is not the same as the board Natalie has.

If anyone cares too look, her board is signed to her "Natalie, You ROCK" then Shauns Sig.

the board on ebay doesnt say "Natalie you rock"

just his sig, so he has defintly sent out a few.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Chase... before you go and state wut you "know" maybe you should get a closer look.... the signature for example.... the bottom of the "Y" on murray ends in teh same spot on both boards... that same spot where the binding mark is.... Also, the top corner of the "Y" in murray is almost all the way up against the murray emblem.... AND the same bedspread...

Also, every scuff between both boards are exactly the same AND the hand painted "x" is exactly the same.... No two murray boards have the same x on top so there it is right there.....

She wipped of the "Natalie youh Rock!" part and threw it up on ebay.... good catch Chase
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-15-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
hey chris, bite me.

i had posted about 8 seconds later catching those exact things, must have not gone through.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-15-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
relax guys. im pretty sure she's done this before. i dont want to be making stuff up but from what i remember she isnt really into wakeboarding and shaun is cool with her selling the stuff he gives her.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
chase I was just messing with you but it was just cuz you were so sure of urself... lol... calm down....

o and on that note... I bet murray is cool with it or she prob. wouldnt be doing it all.... exspecially if murray knows that she is selling it to invest in photgraphy stuff.

Good luck with the Photography venture!!!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
And in addition to what has been noted, each 07 board has the "X" graphic in a differnt location. The graphic in both pics is in the same spot.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-15-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Maybe that is why he gave it to her. She is very up front about it. We know nothing about the situation.. He made of told her he would pay her in part by giving her a board to sell on e-bay.
Old     (digger_004)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
As a side note, I noticed that the nose is narrower than the tail, has anyone riden this board. How does that make a difference?
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2006, 11:56 PM Reply   
So after a little researching, since I have yet to hear from Natalie back, her home lake is Lake Pebla. The ebay seller is located in Louisiana. Lake Pebla is in Louisiana. So I have come to the conclusion that she is selling the board. Maybe I'll ask the ebay seller about it.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-16-2006, 4:22 AM Reply   
Lets just say that Shaun was cool with it and this was a way of paying her for services knowing that she was going to put in on e-bay for photo equipment......why would he say "Natalie-You Rock" on the board?

That aside, lets just say that Shaun did not care what she did with the board at all. What was the reason for starting this post only to put in on e-bay a week later? Tacky and no excuse IMO.
Old    nat3060            10-16-2006, 4:29 AM Reply   
dont worrie about what i do with the boards. ive asked him in the past. shaun has already told me, they are my boards, do what i want with them. that is my payment from him to me for the site. im the one that pays to keep the site up and everything. the board is a payment i can get cash for if i choose to. believe me, if i could afford to keep it around, if i even had the chance to ride it, i would.

try having a dad that didnt get to work this past season because of your state holding off the water to the basin (hes a crawfisherman)... hes 69yrs old, cant get a job anywhere else, hes tried.
so i moved back home where im giving half of my already small paycheck to them to help them out.
it may be a stupid camera to some, but its something i have talent with and i can use to make the extra money that we greatly need.

right now trying to get any money i can for my family is more important than a board.

ive gotten countless boards from him. so yes, shaun knows. its a deal between me and him. dont worrie about it and pass judgement on a situation you dont even know about.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-16-2006, 4:58 AM Reply   
Natalie - no issues with you trying to get money for what you need. Guess I just still believe its tacky for you to come on here posting a picture of something that you seem to be proud of/bragging about and then to have it on e-bay a week later.

In summary - this post should not have been started IMO.
Old    walt            10-16-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Natalie,

Don't worry about all the negativity. You and Shaun know what the deal is and you don't owe anyone a explanation.

Thanks for sharing the photo of Shaun's gift & generosity.
Old     (sculmosis5)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-16-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
That is way cool, don't worry about what anyone says. Photography is awesome, I wish I had the guts to pursue it.
Old    nat3060            10-16-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
ive been spreading the word and i already have some people lined up for pictures. as for me posting that i got the board, i wasnt in any means trying to show off. i was maining showing how awesome of a guy shaun is. i really didnt plan on selling the board. but the other day when i was gathering up some more of my personal stuff to sell to get a bit more and i knew that board would pay for most of it. i have a couple hundred saved so with the board it should get me really close. i appreciate everything shaun does for me, and he knows my situation.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
natalie- you tell me what you need for the board and i will take it off your hands. no need to wait for the auction to end. i am always willing to help someone out in need.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^Thats Awesome! very generous
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-16-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Some of you guys are so presumptuous on this thread.

As I said before "Who cares what she does with the board?" It's her board.

I enjoy seeing the picture of the board. It shows one of the pro-athletes’ in this sport taking the time to appreciate the people who help him. What Natalie does with the board has nothing to do with wakeboarding. The arrangement she has with Shaun is none of our business.

I'll bet more than one of you felt bad about this thread as Natalie explained her position. Hats off to Factory for being in a position to, and choosing to make such an offer to buy the board.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Natalie, sorry that I started this. I was just trying to figure out if it was an ebay scam or not. Seemed too good to be true, IMO. Thanks for clearing things up. I wish I had the extra cash to throw down on the board too. Once again, Sorry.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
I can assure you this is not a scam. Shaun asked me to post this until he can respond himself (he's at the camp now). He has greatly appreciated the work Natalie has done for him over the years (unpaid). This was a token gift and Shaun told Nat to do what she wanted with the board (including selling it). I assure you she talked to him first. As for its worth - that's for the highest bidder to decide - but it is legit. Good luck Nat! Take a lot of pictures....
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
I think a lot of us assumed you were paid in cash and received the board as a personal gift. I definately understand trading gear for work and have done it many times myself. I am sorry if anything I said upset you. That being said, I do still have one major problem with your whole plan....Wedding pictures? How about wakeboard pictures? Good luck with what ever it is that you try to shoot.
Old    nat3060            10-16-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
thanks lloyd will do!

and mike, if i can get a ride with some wakeboarders to shoot, than i will. i do plan to photograph shaun one day. but as for now, wedding pictures is what will bring in cash
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
natalie- was just trying to save you the ebay fees. if you want, pm me, but will place a bid for it.
Old    nat3060            10-16-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
factory - sorry i didnt get back to you sooner... email sent
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-16-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
The auction is already in progress now. It wouldn't be fair to others, or yourself for that matter, to sell to anyone other than the highest bidder. If it was for sale localy, besides on ebay, and you noted that you reserve the right to end the auction at any time that'd be different.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-16-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
hey if Factory is guna hook her up with how ever much she needs for the camera then by all means end the auction.... that would save Natalie a TON of fees.. but Natalie, if you think it will bring in more than he's offereing, let it stay up there!... thats just my opinion
Old    nat3060            10-16-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
i will probably let it stay as an auction, i will loose my listing fees anyway. anything i get will help, and with an auction you never know.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
natalie- just be far i will place a bid on ebay. don't need to give anyone a reason to bitch and moan.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Natalie I must say you have got that board going big. $$$ Congrats $$$
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
So did you score it factory? Did you throw down the big cash to help Natalie out? That was some heavy bidding!