Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
Interesting read.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/51977

Being heavily involved in the gun culture for the last 30 years I've seen first hand how the anti-firearms advocates break down the neutral with misinformation/lies.They purposely misinform the largely uneducated public and intentionally associate firearms advocates with societies worst. Always using assumptive language and knowing that if you spread a lie long enough, it will be perceived as fact. I've watched as legislation after legislation is proposed and passed , each incrementally more restrictive, but always just shy of "the straw". Then when there's an outcry from the firearms advocates they're always dubbed as "frothing and ready for war". Garbage!! let me tell you, if we were ready for war we would have taken to them in '32 with the

National Firearms Act of 1934
Gun Control Act of 1968
1970 with the Firearms Registration and Licensing Act
the Brady Act in 1993
or the Assault Weapons ban of 1994
and the COUNTLESS individual state legislation that's been passed.

Much like your position on firearms themselves, the portrait you paint firearms owners is with a dripping brush of fear-mongering. Pernicious lies to convince the neutral that anything/anyone associated with firearms is bad- The Militias, the para-military groups, the preppers, the hoarders..Homeland security puts out another warning which means these people must be ready and eager to take to the streets with weapons. No.
Here's your problem- We're patient and very, very slow to wrath. We don't want conflict, we want to be left alone.

Here's how we all know you simply have an agenda to rid the U.S of firearms, but use crime as the excuse..

New firearm laws proposed to strengthen old firearm laws that criminals don't obey.

That's it! You've shown your hand!

Let me get this straight- you're going to create new laws that criminals will obey because the old law was not... lawful enough? This new law will be more.. .. lawful?

It's preposterous to believe that if, at the time of Sandy Hook, there was in place ONE MORE law, the shooting would not have taken place. I hear from others how 'stupid the anti-crowd" is.. I've always disagreed. I refuse to believe that ANYONE with an ounce of common sense can, with a straight face, tell me that stricter gun control will stop crime. Time and time again they'll argue the point and I'm starting to think perhaps they really are stupid enough to believe it....If you tell a lie long enough...right?

I'm hearing murmurings from young and old alike that they're not going to allow another "ban" ...and,as much as I think that the mainstream news media are well paid poop-stirrers, when they start questioning the possibility of a revolt the anti-firearms crowd had better take head and listen.

Last edited by barry; 03-13-2013 at 8:13 PM.