Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Yes. Another thread where someone needs Lake Powell advice.

I was talking to my dad today and he said that if I did the research and got everything planned out we would take a family trip up to Powell for a week. We want to rent a house boat and a wakeboarding boat for about 3 or 4 days, and then do other things around the area for the rest of the week.

My questions are...

1. Where is the best place to rent a decent wakeboarding boat?

2. Where is the best place to rent a houseboat?

3. What are some good places around the area that are good things to see or do for the rest of the week after we leave the lake?

All advice is very much appreciated
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Only 2 places to rent houseboats....

http://www.lakepowell.com/houseboats/index.cfm

http://www.lakepowellhouseboating.com/

There are inboards to rent...

http://www.go-utah.com/Lake-Powell/Guides/Boating/

There are places to go....Zion, Grand Canyon, Vegas ect....they all are a little drive...
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-19-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
We just came back from vacation out there last wk. We stayed 2 days at lake powell resort. That maybe cheaper then the house boat. You can rent ski boats right there at the dock. We also went to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Hoover Dam. The dam would be a good 5hrs one way drive. Lake Powell was awesome. You may get lucky and offer to buy gas in someone boat if you feel comfortable w/ that. Good luck.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
i PM'ed ya.
didn't have time to post something big here at this time
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
I almost forgot... how could I forget my own department that i work in at powell.

i work as an "activities worker" and we work as "instructors/ observers" for wakeboarding, waterskiing, and tubing. The price is really quite good.
$138/hour!!!
This includes everything; gas, gear (nothing really fancy, we just teach beginner to intermediate level), driver (captain's licensed driver, required), Centurion Avalanche wake boat, instructor/ observer.

If you can not find anything better than this is an option.
The only problem is, is that we do NOT have a full-time captain to drive the boat. We have to call on drivers from other departments and hope they are available. The drivers charge $99/hour and then an additional charge of $39 brings the price to $138/hour (at least that is how things are currently... it is potentially subject to change...i gotta throw that in ya know )