Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-15-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I've been looking into buying a boat. I've looked all over. I'm really into the Sanger v215 and the Malibu V-Ride.

I've tested the v-215 on the water but not the V-RIDE. Is there much difference? What do you guys think out of these two boats? I'm just getting into wake boarding and surfing, I don't get all crazy when I'm out on the water, this is just for fun, kicking back with family and friends and having a good time.

Like I said, I'm into Sanger and Malibu, IMO they have the best finished work, real solid boats.

Let me know... Thanks

PS. Anyone ever been out to the Discovery Bay boat show? Any good deals? It starts on Friday, I'm thinking of going, but don't want to waste my time if its not worth it.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-16-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Sanger V215, but I'm biased.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-16-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
the 215 wake will be narrower and more vertical were the vride wake will be wider and rampy. both boats are solid and i dont think you could go wrong either way.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-16-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I saw a Malibu Sunscape at a local dealer. It had the PW and 500 center ballast tank, thats all... How is the wake size going to be? What can you compare it to? Can you still surf behind this boat with out all the ballast?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-16-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
In any Malibu, you are going to want the bow tank ballast.. 4 tank is a must or atleast run some additional weight up there...
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
Vride doesn't have bow ballast. But you can throw a sack up there and it rocks!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-16-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Okay I called back the dealer and he told me that the 2 v-rides they have there have the bow ballast and the wedge.

The 23ft Sunscape LSV only has the wedge...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
The V-Ride doesn't have bow ballast. It has a mid-ship ballast that is under the floor and essentially next to the driver going forward. A VLX has this plus the rear tanks and one in the very bow under the playpen. Avoid the Sunscape LSV it has the Diamond Hull designed for water skiing.

I ride a V-ride frequently and we have the back tanks, the center tank, Wedge and a 500 sac in the nose and on the floor. Granted we get crazy behind the boat. Surfing with only the Wedge is going to be tough, as in you will not be able to release the rope. Great boat, one of my favorites.