Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
I'm just curious if anyone knows where I could buy some foam grip tape like Phase5/Inland surf/etc uses? I'd like to buy a roll of it, but if it's only the single pads that will work just fine too.

I have only been able to find the smaller style surf pads that have the foot arch and kick pad, and I'm looking for just a roll of grooved/textured flat foam.

I'm going start a build on a few skim style proto boards and wanted to grip the top with some thin grip foam, problem is I don't know where to find it

Any ideas?
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-13-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Hey Sinko -- it isn't too cheap anywhere, but there is a company called North Shore Inc. that sells it by the foot.
Old    surfdad            04-13-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, Matt's right...North Shore has the EVA foam you've seen on some of the commercially available boards. Seadek and Gator Grip are alternatives. I also found some really cheap EVA foam at an online crafts store, it had the 3m adhesive backing. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a huge online craft store...maybe you can find it at a place like that.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
You can Gator Grip at wakejunky.com and it would work well at a semi reasonable price. It has the 3M adhesive on the back and is specific to marine applications.